Fitbit and calories question!

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Ok, so I know I should eat back my exercise calories but what about the fitbit calories? So far today I've burned 1,337 calories according to my fitbit. I did my workout this morning and burned 500 calories according to my HRM. I'm confused because MFP is synched into my fitbit and I don't know what do do when my remaining calories left to eat during the day goes up!

Do I only eat back my calories from my workout or just let MFP synch to my fitbit and eat those calories back also?

I'm sorry if this is a confusing question! I don't know how else to explain it! Thanks if you can figure this out! :)

Replies

• cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    curious about this too - I wear a fitbit and it automatically ups my calories as I move, but MFP states that I should be eating only 1200, plus my exercise.

This whole BMR, TDEE is so confusing to me - I have also tried to read te links that everyone always refers people to, still don't get it. I guess I have a mental block on all those numbers.
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Assuming you buy into eating back your exercise calories, which I do, then you would also include the adjustments made by your fitbit. But you should make sure your stride length is correct on your fitbit profile. If you think your default fitbit stride length is not correct, here is a good post to help you determine your true stride.

http://www.fitbit.com/forums/post/4KTZ2J9SKWWQ3/stride length calculation
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks Phil. Anyone else know????