Free weight lifting program?

Options
I'm going to be heading back into the gym next month. I love lifting free weights over the machines but I tend to do the same things over and over. Can you recommend any apps or websites that can give me ideas for new workouts?

Thanks!

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    www.bodybuilding.com

OR

Get "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" book - I know they have it at the library for rent.
  • adriany9
    adriany9 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi , Im currently doing stronglifts 5x5. You start with an empty barbell and add 2.5kg to it every workout.
  • ruststar
    ruststar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5 - the workout is really simple, but adding 5 pounds every time helps you progress really quickly and keeps it interesting. Jefit.com also has lots of free workouts and a whole database of evercises so you can try a variety of things.
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club for ipod, iphone, ipad is good for body weight circuits.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be heading back into the gym next month. I love lifting free weights over the machines but I tend to do the same things over and over. Can you recommend any apps or websites that can give me ideas for new workouts?

Thanks!

Starting Strength by Mark Rippletoe. StrongLifts 5x5 is okay but I feel there are better methods.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    new rules of lifting for women is great they have several books out
  • loftus2005
    Options
    StrongLifts 5x5 - the workout is really simple, but adding 5 pounds every time helps you progress really quickly and keeps it interesting. Hefit.com alson has lots of free workouts and a whole database of evercises so you can try a variety of things.

I found this or one like this on bodybuilding.com it looks like beginner to advanced could use it! you can print off the workouts too!! I will be starting this one tonight! :)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Another Stronglifts fan here. Plus they have a free app so you can track your workout without having to bring a logbook into the gym.
  • adriany9
    adriany9 Posts: 32
    Options
    Oh and with any of the strength programmes theres plenty of squatting so youl have the bestest booty in the land lol
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts, Starting Strength, NROL
  • toonces80
    toonces80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks!