added weight

Options
Approximately how much added weight do your clothes provide when you step on the scale?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    Why don't you weigh them? Depends on what you are wearing.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    depends on what you are wearing. I generally only wear my work out clothes when I weigh in, and no shoes......which is shorts or running tights, a tee, and a sports bra. that's about a pound.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    depends on what you are wearing. As for me, my recorded weight is what I weigh first thing in the morning on my bedroom scales... That takes clothes out of the equation.
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    the only thing I'm wearing on the scale is a little belly button lint. :laugh:
  • AEC50
    AEC50 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    When I get weighed at the doctor (street clothes, no shoes), they deduct 3 pounds.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If only there were an instrument that could be used to find the answer to this riddle empirically.
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    the only thing I'm wearing on the scale is a little belly button lint. :laugh:

^^ this

But, I know @ WW they take off 2lbs for clothes and shoes. Sometimes the clothes/shoes weigh more, sometimes less. I guess they figure it all washes out in the end. I prefer not to have to fool with the clothes issue so i just don't wear any.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    depends on what you are wearing. I generally only wear my work out clothes when I weigh in, and no shoes......which is shorts or running tights, a tee, and a sports bra. that's about a pound.

I'd be surprised if those are a whole pound unless they are super thick.

As long as you're not wearing heavy clothes it shouldn't make a big difference - consistency with time of day and the scale you use is much more important since your weight fluctuates throughout the day anyway.
  • hhorncastle
    hhorncastle Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For me, regular clothes, no shoes or jacket (say, jeans and a sweat shirt), nothing in my pockets, about two pounds. Obviously it varies depending on what you're wearing, etc.

I "officially" weigh first thing in the morning, nekkid, but if I happen to hop on the scale in the evening, I know I can typically count on being about four pounds lighter in the morning; two pounds for clothes and two pounds of water/waste/whatever.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    If only there were an instrument that could be used to find the answer to this riddle empirically.

*sigh* if only.....

Then we may even know how much a turkey thigh weighs or a burger or something. It's sad really.
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.