Need Advice: New Workout has me so sore!!

Options
I started a new workout program that consists of lots of strength training and interval training. I am so sore. What advice do those of you that have been there done that have to offer? Should I take advil or motrin before my workout tomorrow so that I am able to work through the pain?

Replies

• kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between being sore and being in pain. If you are just sore I would suggest stretching really good, drinking lots of water, and just going for it. I personally find once I get myself moving the soreness kind of starts to work itself out. However, if you are in pain like you injured yourself, joint or muscle, you really need to lay off the excercise and possibly seek medical attention.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    K once you start moving around again & warm the muscles up & stretch out you'll be able to get through the next workout. It wouldn't hurt to soak in a tub of epsom salt either.
    Way to go I'm proud of you!!!
  • kdavidson08
    kdavidson08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's definetely soreness vs. pain. My muscles just feel really tight so I am going to take your advice and do some good stretches, keep at my water and go for it. Thanks for you advice.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I don't do the same workout twice in a row. I find it to be boring, and I like doing different (but challenging) things daily. So, for instance, I got a butt kicking from Bob Harper's Pure Burn Super Strength yesterday. Sore from it. Will do Pilates today. Tomorrow is JM's Ripped in 30. Day after will be Yoga. Friday will be Bob Harper's Totally Ripped Core. I think that alternating helps with the soreness, and I really like pilates and yoga for improving my flexibility, balance and strength while giving me a good stretch.
  • kdavidson08
    kdavidson08 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks newlocs! I started the Biggest Loser workout with Anchor Fitness. I made an investment in myself and I have to make the most out of it. Its rough but will be worth it. I still will be doing my zumba cuz I love that and love you guys too! :smokin:
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Go buy a foam roller and use it along with some good stretching post workout. It will help!
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just had a similar discussion with a friend this morning. For really good post-workout stretching, I'm a big fan of yoga.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks newlocs! I started the Biggest Loser workout with Anchor Fitness. I made an investment in myself and I have to make the most out of it. Its rough but will be worth it. I still will be doing my zumba cuz I love that and love you guys too! :smokin:

Uh oh we not gonna know who you are in Zumba! Go girl I'm sure you will see huge results with LaMark & the Anchor team!!!