Newbie to the site...and to working out :(

Options
Hello all,
This is Day 1 for me, and I'm feeling it. Sore everywhere, but I know I can do it. Kind words don't hurt either :) Please feel free to send words of encouragement, and I'll definitely do the same for you.

Thanks,
Kim

Replies

• jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I love to feel the "hurts so good" from a workout, that way you know it's definitely working!!! Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me if you would like :smile:
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim,
    I'm in the same boat you are. Tried watching what I eat,sleep, etc but it's not enough.
    I hate exercising (sweating mainly) but it needs to be done if I'm going to reach my goal.

Good luck with your goals!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    yay for you!. You will love this site it has helped me lose 9 lbs in 20 days... i could do more but I'm new to this whole "healthy thing" and dont want to over do it. My thought for soreness "pain is LOSS:laugh: " I'm quite large and have challenged myself to a 200 sit up challenge. let me tell ya my ABS HURT LIKE CRAZY but I know I'm building my core strength which will help me with my Zumba'ing and walking and eventually running. Good luck and its SOO worth it
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of Luck!!!!!!
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Well Kim you have made the best step which is starting somewhere! I am sure you didnt become an attorney by not working hard. The same facts apply to losing weight and getting healthy, hard work pays off~! The end result is worth every drop of sweat!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, sounds like your workout worked. Just take it step by step all the best:bigsmile:
  • ladyjoy123
    Options
    20748945.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

HI, My name is Ladyjoy I am a newbie to the site.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We all have to start somewhere. Just remember to take it one day at a time. I had to keep reminding myself that I didn't have to do it all in one day. I started working out on a regular basis in January and couldn't even go a full minute on the elliptical. Today I can go at least 30 minutes. Celebrate all your milestones!
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Kim,

I hate exercise but have been doing it for over 2 months now. The burn is a good thing. Switch up your routine a little so you aren' working the same thing everyday, that helps. But for someone who hates exercise I feel amazing after I am done exercising. I just went on a short vacation and even figured out how to include my exercise everyday. I love this site, it really helps me to keep things in control. I tried writing my food and exercise in a journal and didn't do so well. This site helps because I always have my phone on me and track my food as soon as I eat. I am always using it if I need to eat out to find the best things to eat. Just remember we are all here for you and backing you up. It is wonderful to know that others struggle with the same things that we do.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    Welcome Kim. Soreness comes with the territory when it comes to STARTING to exercise but eventually you'll get to where you feel tightness in the muscles you worked but not sore. Keep it up and you'll see great results.
  • lukadu
    lukadu Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Kim,

I have been running and doing circuit training at the park for 2 months and lost only 8 lbs. So on Monday I started the "Insanity" program, crazy workout! I hate the work out but I know I can get results fast. I will needs lots of encouragement too because is so intense and I'm so out of shape. Good luck in your fitness adventure!!! I'm glad there's other in the same boat...

Luka
  • cc11395
    cc11395 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! The hurt means you are doing something right! You can do it!!