Need Advice...

Options
So... I got a Fitbit and have really enjoyed using it so far :) It seems to add any calculated calories burned from movement (which seems to be a lot!) and adds them to my MFP calorie alotment. So my question is, should I set my MFP goal to my estimated resting metabolic rate (BMR) so I can get a better view/control on my deficit?

Replies

• GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I would say YES.. I had to consider the same thing when I log my AM workouts (MFP) automatically bumps up my allowed calories for the day.. I am not training so I can EAT more I am training to lose, so I like to see what I am ACTUALLY burning/consuming!!
    Knowing your BMR is very good though.. Going too far below your BMR can cause all sorts of side affects!! I don't know how much you like reading about this subject but just incase you are curious..http://cutandjacked.com/The-Ultimate-Guide-To-Cutting

HOPE this Helps =))
  • goldyd
    goldyd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would say YES too...Or just set it to sedentary activities if u have it at active right now.. I have stopped logging my elliptical and walking exercises in MFP as fitbit knows how much i walked and gives me the cals burnt. Ofcourse it shows less than the machine at the gym shows. Havent figured it out if I wanna override the cals the machine tells me since i dont use a HRM. Its kinda cool that it tells u all the calories u burnt even while sitting on ur *kitten*.. lolz... its ur BMR actually.. the more u move, the more cals burnt fitbit shows.. did u set ur goals on fitbit site? if yes then just log food on MFP and activites on fitbit and see for a week how it goes.....
    All the best :)