Heart Rate Monitors

Options
I'm looking into getting a Heart Rate Monitor so that when I work out my calories burned is more accurate than what comes up on here and at the gym. Do any of you use heart rate monitors? If so, which one do you prefer. I'm looking at the PolarUSA FT4 and FT7.

Replies

• ktlynn447
    ktlynn447 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft4 in pink and I absolutely love it! You program in your height, weight, age, and sex. My number on my HRM is always different than MFP's calorie burn... sometimes more... sometimes less. I ordered mine on Amazon and I think I paid around 65-75 bucks for it.... definately worth the money!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    IIRC the only difference between the 2 is the number of workouts they'll store in memory. Either one will serve you well.
  • mogriff1
    mogriff1 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Polar FT4 (pink) this morning. It recieved good reviews. I wanted it for spin class to monitor my heart rate as well as more accurate calorie counting while performing various
    excercises.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - works great, I love it! I was going for either the NB or a Polar, but found the NB for less on eBay. If you live near a Big 5 Sporting Goods I noticed they have the Polars on sale this week - check it out.
  • katara74
    katara74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 in pink and I love it. I found out that I was overestimating my calories burned and my HRM has kept me on track. Definitely worth the purchase!
  • katiebug513
    katiebug513 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!!