Eleven inches in two weeks and only .8 oz

Options
So just this morning I was working out at the gym with my friend and I was complaining that in the last two weeks my scale hasn't moved! AT ALL! I had upped my calories and cut back on exercise because I was doing 'WAY' too much (about 3 hours a day at the gym on the elliptical) Then today after working out I got on the scale and pulled out my pink measuring tape. I had lost .8 and over eleven inches! 2 off my arms, 2 off my bust, 2 off my waist 1.5 off my hips and a whopping 3.5 off my thighs! I put on my shorts and they fell to my ankles! After being so frustrated these last two weeks I'm over the moon that I've lost so many inches and almost a pound! I just wanted to share :) And if you wanna see my progress pics look at my blog I can't seem to get them to show here.

Replies

• macmess
    macmess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Perfect reason why the scale ultimately doesn't matter. Great job on all that work, keep it up, the scale will catch up later. It's all about how the clothes fit and being happy with how you look.
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good job! Scale is not the only thing!
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Good for you . . . keep it up!
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    WTG!! Same thing happened to me x
  • lindaamarie
    lindaamarie Posts: 114
    Options
    Ahh great job girl!!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Enjoy!!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Perfect reason why the scale ultimately doesn't matter. Great job on all that work, keep it up, the scale will catch up later. It's all about how the clothes fit and being happy with how you look.

2nd this!! i dont even own a scale
  • rmoore2
    rmoore2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job keep up the good work (out)!
  • Larommi
    Larommi Posts: 25
    Options
    Same here. Been losing clothing sizes like mad, weight is only creeping off.

Congrats.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    congrats to you! :)

i upped my calories by a significant amount a week ago. i think i've gained a couple pounds (but that could also be TOM) but i have lost 4 inches off of my midsection in that week. (between bust, waist, belly button, hips, and thighs)... so i call it a win. :)
  • zinok
    zinok Posts: 185
    Options
    Awesome job! It's the inches that really count. (:
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
  • happypath101
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder to measure!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    That's awesome! Way to go!
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for reminding why i should throw the scale out the window and drown it in a pool for good measure!

you are awesome keep up the amazing work!
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you got it! No need to go into starvation but eat healthy and just enough until your comfortable. Keep exercising but not over do it in the beginning. Scales may or may not drop but most of all the fitting of your clothes tell it all!

Way to go! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!