Slim in 6 or 30 Day Shred- Opinions?

Options
Does anyone have an opinion on which of these is better or which is easier? I was thinking if Sim in 6 is easier maybe I would do that program for the 6 weeks and then do the 30 day shred or vice versa. If anyone has tried both I'd love to hear about your experiences and results.

Replies

• Xeno13
    Xeno13 Posts: 5
    Options
    Well weight loss isn't easy, so no option will be as such. But from what I hear, 30DS is actually very intense.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump***
  • Linda6580
    Linda6580 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing the 30DS. I love it! It keeps you busy, no breaks and you can feel that it really works. Also love the fact that it is only 20-30 minutes. I have lost inches and weight on this.
    I have tried the slim in 6. I got bored with this one very quickly. Not sure if it was to slow for me or what. Also if you have any knee problems I wouldn't suggest this one, as it seems the whole thing is almost all squats and lunges.

30 DS involves all muscle groups.
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Lunges and squats do hurt me really badly.
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 30 Day Shred, and I love it! Not only does it save you time, but it also builds up your body. I have lost some inches already as well as about 1.5 lbs. At first it is a difficult workout. However, as time goes by it does get easier and you improve a lot. I am not sure about the Slim in 6 though.
  • Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I liked 30ds but I got bored with it pretty quickly. I just bought JM's Ripped in 30 on iTunes and after three days I haven't lost interest yet. The meal plan on her site is rally good too.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I think both of them have solid workouts, but neither had enough cardio or strength training for me. They both are circuitish workouts that move pretty fast. I did like Slim Series, and I like 30DS in rotations with Jillian's other DVDs when I did her 30 Day Slimdown. If I had to pick, I'd choose 30 Day Shred, though I don't like doing the same workout everyday.

If you want to try 30DS, one of the fitness companies that Jillian is affiliated with, BeFit, has level 1 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8 . You could try it for a few days, and if you like it, you can get the DVD and progress with the program.