INCREDIBLY SAD

Options
:cry: I know this isn't what this website is for but I needed to say it.

My mom called me this morning to inform me that her dog died. Really Rosie was my dog. When we moved to Kansas, my brother got a dog, Buddy, and I got a dog Zoey, Rosie was the puppy out of their litter that I insisted on keeping, she was the only girl out of 6 puppies and the runt. I named her Rose because she seemed as fragile and as sweet as one. When I moved away it about killed me to leave them, but I couldn't take all 3 because Buddy was my brother's and I didn't want to seperate them. Well in June this year my mom called me and told me that Zoey (the mommy) had been bitten by a Rattle snake and passed away, I cried for days. I knew it wouldn't be long before another one passed, Zoey was blind and Rosie (her daughter) made sure to be by her side at all times. This morning my phone rings, my mom telling me that Rosie has died. Mom ran outside because Buddy was howling this horrible howl (high pitched like a cry) Rosie was under the tree where Zoey died and was burried (Rosie never went under that tree), she was alive but in a comma, they rushed her to the vet ER and before the Vet to do anything she passed. The scarey thing is before my mom called I knew. For some reason unknown I dreamed it last night. My heart goes out to Buddy,...

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :cry:

(((hugs)))

We had to put our cat to sleep last night. Overcome with a sudden illness.
    It is hard to lose a family member.
  • Calif1971dreamin
    Calif1971dreamin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :cry: My heart goes out to you. I've lost pets too and I always felt like I lost a piece of my heart when they died. As far as I'm concerned this is a place to post this. Sadness is a definite obstacle when it comes to dieting. When I'm sad and hurt, I reach out for comfort food. During your time of morning you need all the support we can give. Good luck and be strong.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    :cry:

I am so sorry for both of you. That's really tough.
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    110.gif
    Big hug from me to you on your loss.
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    that is so sad...:cry: ..they are part of the family to and when they do go it is like losing a family member..i'm sorry..
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    :cry: I am so sorry. All of my childhood pets had to be put to sleep because of various illnesses, it's so hard to lose someone you consider part of your family.

My kitty Katy that was definitely my cat was put to sleep almost 5 years ago and I still cry when I think about it.

I wish you the best and hope that you have many wonderful memories with Rosie that you can cherish forever. :heart:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry, sweetie. They really do make a home in your heart, don't they. :heart: *hugs*
  • proctor0828
    Options
    :sad: Thank you all so much:cry:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    That is so sad! Our dog is part of our family. :cry:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    My heart goes out to you I have had to put several pets to sleep over the years and right now my 2 dogs are missing :flowerforyou:
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Aahhhhh so sad for you:cry:
  • sydenham24
    Options
    proctor, friends, sorry, very sorry. glad you wrote, you are not alone.
    the people on this web site are so nice, their pets, here or departed, have
    been very lucky animals.