Split Personality

Options
So I start out every morning strong, I have the ability to count calories in seconds, I take my vitamins, I drink my water, I get a little excercise in...etc, etc. By about 2-3pm I metamorph into a completly different person! Craving nothing but junk food! Im not even hungry!
Granted this is about the time of day that things slow down at work, but I still have to look busy (thanks MFP for making me look super productive while typing this post)

How do I keep the Health Nut me going in the afternoons? Anyone else have an afternoon split personality disorder?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Along different lines, but sort of similar.... Sometimes in the afternoon I get all antsy and think about how badly I want to work out. I think about squatting or running or whatnot and how hard I'm gonna kill it. Then hours later I get home, feel blah, and end up procrastinating for an hour before I hit the gym.
  • svazquez820
    svazquez820 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do--I get the strangest craving for something sweet. I end up drinking lipton vanilla caramel tea and seems to cure it. My other problem is I eat so healthy/exercise during the week but come Saturday I crave everything and anything that sounds appetizing. What do you do about that?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary. What I eat before dinner and what I eat after dinner is very, very different.

I think the key to overcoming stuff like this is to structure your diet to work around your habits and personal preferences, if possible.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Your body might just be telling you that you're missing something. I had a couple days where I was craving potato chips. I had some chicken+potato+celery soup one day and the feeling completely went away. I think I was just craving starch or carbs?
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I usually bank some calories for the end of the day. Once the kids are in bed and I have some me time, I enjoy eating items that I crave.

I workout everyday.... I eat my healthy meals and get the necessary vitamins and minerals my body needs. At the end of the day I usually try to save 300 cals so I can enjoy a small bowl of chips and my favorite frozen yogurt. (or like last night some Hersey`s Kisses) That way I don`t feel like I am on a weight loss program, and the cravings are less intense. It has helped me to keep this lifestyle change.

Personally I don`t believe you have to cut everything you love out of your diet. Stay within your calorie weight loss range. Make better choices every day. If you are in in for the long haul, deprivation won`t help.... we got to treat ourselves once and awhile (reasonably).
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    You have to DECIDE to be healthy. it's that simple. We would all rather have cake than veggies but the end result is fat vs. muscle and healthy living vs. dying. Those are the choices that we make.

Some people don't make those choices with conviction. And they eventually pay the ultimate proice.
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You have to DECIDE to be healthy. it's that simple. We would all rather have cake than veggies but the end result is fat vs. muscle and healthy living vs. dying. Those are the choices that we make.

Some people don't make those choices with conviction. And they eventually pay the ultimate proice.

Truth!
  • kaaabney
    kaaabney Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I really like what Big Ced said, but unfortunately I know exactly what you mean. I do fine all day long, but the late afternoon I want to eat everything (and I really don't think I am even hungry). I think for me it is several different things like habit, boredom and just plain eating to be eating. I guess it's just one of those bad habits we are going to have to break!!! Good luck!