Mcdonalds.

Options
I know Mcdonalds should be out of the question, but is there anything in Mcdonalds that I can eat that's no so bad. That's the only place to eat by my job.

Replies

• nebulinda
    nebulinda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You can find a PDF of their nutrition information to download here: http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/food_quality/nutrition_choices.html

But really, the best thing for you to do would be to pack your own lunch and bring it everyday. That way you know exactly what you're eating and you can make sure it's healthy.
  • oh_donaa
    oh_donaa Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank You :)
  • slynn28
    slynn28 Posts: 93
    Options
    mmmhmmmm i love mcdz..havent had any in like 3mths going on 4... im sure a salad is good... grilled chicken...i knw their fries are the best fries to eat compared to other places like sonic and DQ (if you have one in your location lol)
  • charisma103
    Options
    I would recommend packing your lunch and bringing it to work if possible, as McDonald's is not a healthy daily lunch alternative. Fast food consumption should be minimized, for overall health issues.

If you do go there, I would stick with their Yogurt Parfait, Apple Dippers, or Salads (be careful of the dressings, as these sometimes have more calories than the salad itself). Also, ensure if you are ordering a chicken topped salad, that it is grilled and not crispy.

You can go to their website and play around with their "Bag a Meal" feature. This lets you customize potential meal options, and can help you make better choices based on your diet needs.
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    When I eat at McDonald's, I get the bacon ranch chicken salad, with grilled chicken. If I remember correctly, it is 230 calories (not including dressing). I use my own light ranch dressing instead of using any that McD's offers, but their dressings do come in packets with the nutritional information on the label.
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    they also have wraps there, you could order a grilled chicken wrap?
  • amyallenstockwell
    amyallenstockwell Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I think looking over the nutritionals is a great idea. BEFORE you go. You can get a feel for what options you have and you might be surprised. I always get the yogurt parfait and plain grilled chicken sandwich. However, if you feel like you have to have a cheeseburger and fries, get the kids meal. Portion control when you aren't in control.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    McDonalds has both healthy and unhealthy options. If you can't pick the healthy options because there is too much temptation that's understandable and you should limit the frequency in which you eat there.
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I think in moderation, and if you make good choices while there, you can eat at mcdonalds occasionally. We only have a subway where I work, and fortunately it is a healthy option, but only if you make good choices. They have some pretty heavy sandwhiches there. But somedays I just don't feel like preparing my lunch ahead of time, so I'll look up their nutrition facts and make a healthy sandwich. Just look up some good options ahead of time, so if you ever feel like stopping by, you'll know what to order.
  • fishes305
    fishes305 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    4 piece chicken nugget kids meal with a diet drink is just under 300 calories. Thats what I eat when I don't have another option.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Chicken nuggets are OK and still feel like a 'treat'. I've been craving filet of fish lately so I order one without cheese (it's fresher too that way!) and then only eat 3/4 of it. That is about 255 calories. That's all I get though. That and water. Just had that for dinner last night with the kids LOL.
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I get a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo. Then I throw away the top bun and add mustard. I usually cannot resist a small fry, but I immediatly throw half of those away.
  • lightweight9973
    Options
    you could take one of their salads they're very light :)
  • eryka86
    eryka86 Posts: 80
    Options
    I think a sald will work ask for light dressing
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I know Mcdonalds should be out of the question, but is there anything in Mcdonalds that I can eat that's no so bad. That's the only place to eat by my job.
    McDonald's is NEVER out of the question.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Filet O'Fish is around 300 cals I think. I get mine without tartar so its a bit less.

Filet O'Fish and small fries is barely over 500 cals.
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Salads, Wraps, or even a cheeseburger (which i go for). You could have oatmeal. Not all McDonalds are the same. So i'm not sure if they have oatmeal there. Oatmeal helps.
  • 19danno77
    19danno77 Posts: 84
    Options
    Crispy chicken off the value menu is only 360 calories. Get your beef on with the double cheeseburger for 440 calories. Wendy's value menu has a better mix of small calorie burgers that offer bacon or lettuce/tomato. I'd suggest you order the sandwich you want without condiments and take it home dress it up with lettuce, tomato, low-fat mayo, mustard, or BBQ/hot sauce.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I ate there last week. I got two wraps with no sauce or cheese and it was around 200 calories each. Not bad!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

But really, the best thing for you to do would be to pack your own lunch and bring it everyday. That way you know exactly what you're eating and you can make sure it's healthy.

^^ this and you'll probably save money too.