unique wedding music

Options
what are some of the songs that you had played for your first dance/walking down the isle or just for the reception that arent the traditional ones? im not a fan of traditional and i need some ideas

Replies

• traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    bump
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I am not going to be any help but our song was "When The Music Stops" by Kevin Briody who's a local artist. We went to see him perform and he played that song and as soon as I heard it I knew that we had to have that be our wedding song. I still tear up and cry when I hear it. :blushing:
  • JMSKCW
    JMSKCW Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    We made our entrance to My Bloody Valentine's "Sometimes", our first (slow) dance was to Buddy Holly's "True Love Ways", and then we immediately went into "Eye Know" by De La Soul.
    Kind of unusual but effective and exactly what we wanted (and that is all that really matters, right?)
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Walked down the aisle to "The Girl" by City & Colour
    Our first dance was to "Happy" by NeverShoutNever
    I danced to "The Joker" by Steve Miller Band with my dad.

Our wedding and reception was in my parents back yard so there wasn't really actual dancing, but we played music through the whole afternoon/night. There was lots of alt-country like Lucero and Dustin Bentall, a lot of folk, indie rock, and classic rock songs.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    sublime "what i got" and nirvana "about a girl" - first songs

and to walk down the aisle was Jon Spencer Blues Explosion "orange"
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I have never been married but I can think of some songs I would love to have played at my wedding or at my wedding party. It would definitely have some Punk/Metal in there somewhere and some songs from the present (2003-2012) Indie scene.

I am sure no matter how old I get Bon Iver will end up somewhere in there, if I ever get married.
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just got married on the beach in Mexico and did not want traditional music either! Our first song that we danced to at the reception was " The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaeson. It is was so us! After our ceremony was done and we kissed we walked down the beach to " Good Life" by One Republic. It was an awesome song to celebrate to and everyone was crying, hugging and drinking!:drinker: If you have a fav song that might not have the wedding feel to it just try to find it in a different version. We also used Bittersweet Symphony(The Verve) and Clocks(Coldplay) in piano versions, the options are endless. I did not want sappy slow music so we just stuck to the music we liked and found the right versions. Have fun with it.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Car Wash Hair by Mercury Rev. http://www.muzu.tv/mercuryrevjungle/car-wash-hair-music-video/742988/

Because our relationship started at a Mercury Rev show November 5, 1995, where my wife stalked me (it's a good story). We were married a year and a half later.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Metallica Nothing Else Matters is going to be our ceremony exit song.
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I got married last April and we walked down the isle to "Tang;ed Up In You" by Staind, it was long but perfect.
    Our first dance was "She's My Kinda Crazy" by Brantley Gilbert. Bouquet toss was "All The Single Ladies" and garter toss was "Another One Bites the Dust".

All of these were absolutely perfect for us and our crowd of guests.
    Good luck!! :happy:
  • alwayssavingme
    Options
    Our wedding party walked down to we are man and wife by Michelle featherstone. We used a traditional wedding match for me.
  • Psychoanalytic
    Options
    The original wedding was to have the Vitamin String Quartet playing all of our favorite tunes. My entrance was Bittersweet Symphony and our exit was to be Another One Bites The Dust.

We threw a big wedding out the window because I nearly homicidal. Not to be mistaken with bridezilla. Simply homicidal.

Edit: Beautiful ring btw. My hubby almost got me the same one ;)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends walked down the aisle to Zelda's lullably played on violin by her sister-in-law-to-be.

#yaynerds
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Had an untraditional wedding at the beach in the Bahamas

Here's our list:

Book of Love - Peter Gabriel (beautiful song) we were married while this was in the background
    You Give Me Something - James Morrison (first dance)
    Come Fly With Me - Michael Buble
    Over The Rainbow - Cover by The Blanks
    Amy in the Tardis(Soundtrack from Doctor Who Series 5) Beautiful theme used for end part of the ceremony, but then because it is the new Doctor Who theme it picks up in a triumphant score.
    Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root (when everyone's so drunk, you want to get rid of them)
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    In May:
    I'll be walking down the isle to = The way you make me feel - MJ
    Our first dance is - Penguin by Christina Perri
    The wedding party will walk down to = This is the moment - Donny Osmond
    Sign our papers to - All the way 4/u - Poets of the Fall
    Recessional = Teenaged Dream cover by the Warblers
    Into Reception - Amaranth - Nightwish

I haven't decided what we're leaving the reception to yet....
  • traciwe
    Options
    me and my fiance are both metal fans primarily but there arent many metal songs about being in love, most of them are mostly hateful past tense versions lol...so far i think im going with 311-love song for our first dance and thinking about walking down the isle to wild horses by the sundays...what do you guys think?
  • traciwe
    Options
    The original wedding was to have the Vitamin String Quartet playing all of our favorite tunes. My entrance was Bittersweet Symphony and our exit was to be Another One Bites The Dust.

We threw a big wedding out the window because I nearly homicidal. Not to be mistaken with bridezilla. Simply homicidal.

Edit: Beautiful ring btw. My hubby almost got me the same one ;)

thanks hun! i absolutely love it and glad he appreciated the fact that i like things that are different, hence the black instead of white diamond
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    PTF 2012 by VNV Nation - it's wierd but totally better than Pacabell's Canon.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in June ... we have hired a local fiddler and stand up bass duo to play traditional irish/scottish and celtic music. For the reception we will also have pirate music.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    me and my fiance are both metal fans primarily but there arent many metal songs about being in love, most of them are mostly hateful past tense versions lol...so far i think im going with 311-love song for our first dance and thinking about walking down the isle to wild horses by the sundays...what do you guys think?

oh! Metal fans are us too :) (That sounded odd....)

It doesn't have to be about Love! I guess it depends on the type of metal y'all listen too. I mean, Nightwish has some beautiful songs that create imagery, but aren't necessarily about "love" in the traditional sense.
    I think the songs you've picked out are great! It's whatever the meaning of the song is to *you two*, not what the guests are thinking ;)
    Saying that... if I had a firm set of balls, I'd choose Attero Dominatus by Sabaton as my "walking down the aisle" song. Nothing beats a power metal song about taking Berlin in 1945 from the Nazis ;)