FINALLY COMMITTED!!

Options
Hello everyone! I am brand new to this site and I am really excited about it! As my subject line says, I am finally committed to losing this weight and getting healthy. Please allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Alexis and I am 38. I have a wonderful husband and 2 great kids ages 6 & 8. I am looking to lose about 40lbs.

I am so looking forward to coming on everyday to track my progress and help keep myself on track. I am open to motivation so please, if you see me slacking, feel free to give me a push!

That's about it! Looking forward to great journey with all of you!

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    YA! Very glad you're here. You'll get lots of support and help in this place!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome Alexis ..... this is an awesome site .... good luck in the weight loss journey .. YOU CAN DO IT
  • TankLily
    TankLily Posts: 34
    Options
    I was committed once, but the let me out when my behavior improved...:laugh: :laugh:

sorry.
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    I was committed once, but the let me out when my behavior improved...:laugh: :laugh:

sorry.

"ditto that":laugh: :tongue: :heart:
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    That's awesome that you have decided to make a change! I have recently decided to make the same commitment for myself and I've lost 6 pounds since Sunday.

I have also started a group/thread for us to support and motivate each other. We'd love to have you join us. If you're interested, here's the link...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/63691-a-new-me-let-s-get-started?page=4#posts-785453
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    welcome and congrats! let me just say you will get lots of ideas, support, and love here! you can view other peoples food diaries which i find help me out with ideas on things to eat, and you will also find some great groups that support one another OFTEN and make it so much easier to meet your goals with setting their own for you to follow!
    Good luck and always remember: this is a lifestyle change not a temporary solution!
    Everyday there may be ups and downs; just keep your head up and keep trying! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome welcome my new MFP friend ... you're going to love this site ... it's the easiest to use for tracking everything and the people here couldn't be more supportive. Enjoy your journey to a healthier, happier you.
  • TankLily
    TankLily Posts: 34
    Options
    Seriously, Good for you! I know for my Guy all it took was for him to be ready. I'm Excited for you!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: