Need support and motivation for a newbie

Options
Hi Guys,

I just joined and I am hoping to lose 40-50 lbs.

My biggest problem is just eating snacks and other goodies that are provided free at work and I cant resist the urge.
I also exercise about twice a week playing roller hockey and racquetball.

So if you have any good suggestions or just want to share ideas, let me know.

Thanks,
siberianex

Replies

• taylcran
    taylcran Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new too ! Feel free to add me :)
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    nutrition, exercise and enjoy! Welcome and kick butt!
  • wendyann98
    wendyann98 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new too! I've lost 80lbs but in the last year I've put on 30lbs :-( and I still need to lose about 70lbs more. The biggest key is your portion control and what you are eating, this is how I lost the weight. Unfortunately a lot of it has to be self control (which I'm not doing so well with right now) . I've started walking again and it's a really good motivator and after the first week you will really start to feel it, especially in your cloths, plus I just started doing the food journal and boy o boy you don't realize how much you really eat in a day, so I think this is going to be a good motivating tool for me, It's going to show me what I'm eating and where I can shave some unnecessary calories/fat/carbs.
  • siberianex
    siberianex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys/gals, will add all of you!

Hope this place will finally motivate me to get me to my goal weight of 180- 190 (currently at 230lbs)

Feel free to add me for anyone else, would really love to follow and help each other.