"WOW!!"- doesn't even begin to cover it

Options

Replies

• Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Are we talking about the same snickers bar or a new one each day? I think now they have more nuts in them they must be better as toothbrushes compared to when they used to be called marathon bars.

::laughs::
    Too funny.
    I'll give you a dollar. You ask.
  • Allison22451
    Options
    I have a good friend who grew up dirt poor. His parents never had money to take him to a dentist or orthodontist. As an adult, he's never had a job that provided insurance or paid him beyond minimum wage.

His teeth are awful - crooked, rotting, some missing. I was startled by them when I first met him, but as I got to know him better, I hardly notice them at all. He's a kind and generous person. He's funny and smart. I don't think less of him for his lack of access to dental care.

I grew up BELOW poverty.
    I know a thing or two about hard knocks.
    Quite honestly, I'm thankful for it.

I'm sure I would looooove your friend too.
  • Allison22451
    Options
    [/quote]

Agreed, and some people were just not raised with those kinds of good habits, I mean really?!?! Shame on you for poking fun at peoples physical appearance when we are all here on this website to make ourselves better physically and mentally.
    [/quote]

Hey, listen folks.
    I love people.
    All people.

I'm just not attracted to people with funk-nasty jacked-up teeth and bad breath.

Not poking fun of people with disabilities. Or people looking to improve themselves.

Just some people care less about their teeth than others. Their focus and what's important to them is different than mine. No problem. I'm not their mom. I can be anyone's friend. Kind and empathetic.

Plus, Im very easy going. I can take what I dish out.

I have exemplary oral hygiene.
    But I also have HUGE TEETH. Looks like I've got a gleaming set of bathroom tales hanging out of my face.
    I've also got a zillion freckles across my face.
    I've also got a penchant for sarcasm, allisonisms, and potty humor.
    I've got 40yo boobs and it shows.
    The list could go on... And on... And on.

Sooooo, maaaaaybe, smart aleck, beaver-faced polacks with loads of freckles and saggy boobs aren't your thing... I'm ok with that.
    Edited by Allison22451 on Tue 04/10/12 09:33 AM
  • margeauxhunt
    Options
    YES. I know someone who is like this. He has no idea. Although, his whole bodily hygiene isn't that great lol
  • margeauxhunt
    Options
    Hey, listen folks.
    I love people.
    All people.

I'm just not attracted to people with funk-nasty jacked-up teeth and bad breath.

Not poking fun of people with disabilities. Or people looking to improve themselves.

Just some people care less about their teeth than others. Their focus and what's important to them is different than mine. No problem. I'm not their mom. I can be anyone's friend. Kind and empathetic.

But I also have HUGE TEETH. Looks like I've got a gleaming set of bathroom tales hanging out of my face.

Sooooo, maaaaaybe, smart aleck, beaver-faced polacks with loads of freckles and saggy boobs aren't your thing... I'm ok with that.

I have freckles. :-)
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options

Sounds Hawt!
  • ConcordPhil
    ConcordPhil Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... "they're ok with it". I've never met anyone in my life that was 'ok' with bad teeth.

I have.

I have too. PLENTY. They voice it openly. " I hate the dentist" "I don't have time to brush" " flossing hurts or makes my gums bleed"
    "toothpaste is too minty" " mouthwash burns" .
    I'm not talking kids. I'm talking adults.

Let's try a little experiment... let's change the original post from referring to people with bad teeth to people who are overweight. Here's what your post would look like:

Ever meet someone that looks like they've eaten about 10 Snickers bars a day for the past 30 years??!

What's worse, they're ok with it.

::shudders::

Still ok with it???
  • Allison22451
    Options

Sounds Hawt!

*laughs*
    if thats your thing... im wicked hawt. =)
    should i elaborate on how my second toes are looooooonger than my great toes.
    thats super sexy too. ever see shallow hal?
  • Allison22451
    Options
    Hey, listen folks.
    I love people.
    All people.

I have freckles. :-)

i dont have freckles all over my body... but unfortunately i DO have them ALL OVER MY FACE. i agree they can be super-cute... but id like mind to disappear.... but summers just around the corner... and BAM! they at least double. ha! lucky me.
  • puppy1002
    puppy1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I think I just barfed a little in my mouth!! Mouth hygiene is a huge one for me. I can not understand how people can go without brushing!!

So I will ask....Anyone ever break up with someone over bad oral hygiene????? I have. :ohwell:

I have!!!! He smiled like whatever he ate it was so gross then he just stopped taking care of himself all together and thats when he had to go!! I still shudder thinking about it

:shudders:
  • natashamcn
    natashamcn Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... "they're ok with it". I've never met anyone in my life that was 'ok' with bad teeth. I've met people who have had problems in their lives such as alcoholism and/or drug addiction and let their teeth go and now they don't have the money to get them fixed. I've met people who have other issues, such as severe autism or some other developmental disability and so are really not capable of taking care of their teeth. I've met people who were long-time smokers and hated themselves for the way their teeth looked. But I've never met anybody who is "ok" with bad teeth.

Sheesh.

I work in private practice at a dental office and believe me I have met ppl who do not care AT ALL about their teeth. That being said I haven't met one where I didn't suspect some sort of underlying mental issue.
  • Allison22451
    Options
    Hmmm... "they're ok with it". I've never met anyone in my life that was 'ok' with bad teeth.

I have.

I have too. PLENTY. They voice it openly. " I hate the dentist" "I don't have time to brush" " flossing hurts or makes my gums bleed"
    "toothpaste is too minty" " mouthwash burns" .
    I'm not talking kids. I'm talking adults.

Let's try a little experiment... let's change the original post from referring to people with bad teeth to people who are overweight. Here's what your post would look like:

Ever meet someone that looks like they've eaten about 10 Snickers bars a day for the past 30 years??!

What's worse, they're ok with it.

::shudders::

Still ok with it???

YEP!
    cause i look like ive been eating my 10 snickers bars... and my neighbors 10 snicker bars for the past 30 years.
    and if youre not attracted to me cause im overweight... i respect that.

same with my:
    sarcasm
    very fine brown hair
    brown eyes
    zillion freckles
    second toes that are looooonger than my great toes
    over-bite
    40yo saggy boobs
    after the gym, most days, i smell like fried cat puke

the list could go on...and on...and on..

and if you wanna do a post about not liking chicks who smell like fried cat puke
    im ok with that too.
  • Allison22451
    Options
    Hmmm... "they're ok with it". I've never met anyone in my life that was 'ok' with bad teeth. I've met people who have had problems in their lives such as alcoholism and/or drug addiction and let their teeth go and now they don't have the money to get them fixed. I've met people who have other issues, such as severe autism or some other developmental disability and so are really not capable of taking care of their teeth. I've met people who were long-time smokers and hated themselves for the way their teeth looked. But I've never met anybody who is "ok" with bad teeth.

Sheesh.

I work in private practice at a dental office and believe me I have met ppl who do not care AT ALL about their teeth. That being said I haven't met one where I didn't suspect some sort of underlying mental issue.

*laughs*

im a nurse... i know loooooads of ppl like that.

but i also have friends, of normal intelligence, with no suspected mental illness.. with AWFUL TEETH... AWFUL BREATH.. their front teeth have a deep caramel ripple running across them. and they are OK with it. when it comes to their appearance teeth arent that important... theyre into improving their appearance with designer clothes... or whatever else.

me, i could be mistaken for homeless ona daily basis. my sister, a fashionista complains "please, allison, change, you look like youre homeless" you know what... fashion isnt important to me. i prefer comfort over designer duds. ( and thats ok too
  • Allison22451
    Options
    I think I just barfed a little in my mouth!! Mouth hygiene is a huge one for me. I can not understand how people can go without brushing!!

So I will ask....Anyone ever break up with someone over bad oral hygiene????? I have. :ohwell:

I have!!!! He smiled like whatever he ate it was so gross then he just stopped taking care of himself all together and thats when he had to go!! I still shudder thinking about it

:shudders:

icky..poo poo ca ca... me no likeee =)
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I floss and brush everyday. My teeth are sparkling white, however not perfect. :tongue:

Long as the person I'm with takes care of themselves, I'm happy!
  • Allison22451
    Options
    I wish I would have read this post BEFORE lunch.

ha!
    you made me laugh out loud.
    sorry.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Judgemental much?
  • Allison22451
    Options
    I floss and brush everyday. My teeth are sparkling white, however not perfect. :tongue:

Long as the person I'm with takes care of themselves, I'm happy!

i like the word sparkling when talking about teeth.
    kudos to you!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Eewww! I hate that! I just can not kiss you if you have jacked up teeth. Im not talking about crooked or whatever, but nasty, havent brushed them ever is just nasty. I cant do the whole last years food stuck in your grill thing. Please brush! And if you have time, maybe floss or use some mouthwash! lol
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I live in Stockton, CA.
    Can you say meth mouth?

My soon to be ex is from Stockton. He didn't do drugs,but didn't care too much about oral hygiene. He wondered why I Never wanted to French kiss him. :sick:
    He'd say,"Come on, give me a Big Kiss!" and I'd want to gag.