Cheater?

Options
I feel a *little* guilty because often times I don't log my one cup of coffee with 1/2 & 1/2 and sugar. I figure it's not loaded with calories and I usually have enough left over at the end of the day anyway. Today I discovered the So Delicious vanilla coconut creamer with no chemicals, preservatives, etc and a lot less calories. Hopefully it will do the trick and I can still enjoy my cup o' joe without feeling too bad.

Do you log EVERYTHING?? What do you cheat on?

Replies

• ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I *try* to log everything I don't know it's calorie/fa/carb content. My cup of coffee is only about 15 cals with sugar free creamer and splenda, sometimes I log it sometimes I don't, and I don't ever log my green tea.
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I don't always log the miracle whip or mayonnaise I eat.

After typing this, I realized I like both miracle whip and mayonnaise equally. That's unusual, I've seen fights started over which is better.

I also do not log kechup.
  • manda68
    manda68 Posts: 16
    Options
    i log everything apart from my green tea :)
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I don't log tea or my morning coffee w/ almond milk (unsweetened). I don't drink alcohol anymore and rarely soda. Otherwise I try to log everything especially if I have indulged just so I can watch those calories
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Doesn't mean I don't ever have anything unhealthy (for example I log alot of beer on the weekend LOL) but at least I know about what it all adds up to. Would hate to be thinking i'm alright calorie wise but i'm actualy over due to little things that I didn't log.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I do log my morning coffee..cuz I drink a LOT of it. LOL But I also drink Crystal Light or similar sugar-free flavored drinks in the evening, and I never log those. They're like 5 cals a glass, so I figure it basically counts as water. I try to log everything else, even the lettuce on my burger! :bigsmile:
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I don't usually log zero calorie beverages, like diet pop or green tea. I also don't log condiments or pickles unless the container is right in front of me to scan. I do always log my coffee because the creamer that I use has quite a few calories. I don't think it is cheating... it is just a time saver. I know that most days I have eaten a few extra calories than I recorded... but it isn't like I'm pretending I didn't eat a bacon double cheeseburger! : )
  • LittleSimoni
    Options
    I'm trying hard to log everything - still am lazy with raw veggies (celery, cucumbers, broccoli florets, baby spinach) but am getting better! Sometimes I don't know if I'm doing it accurately or not, like when I add a splash of soy sauce to something, not sure if it's a quarter of a teaspoon or what.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    pretty much the only thing i don't log is chewing gum. i figure i work off the calories just chewing it. i do log diet drinks though because of the sweeteners & sodium levels.
  • jfig600
    jfig600 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have logged everything since I started about six weeks ago I find it's the only way I stay on track . I had a bad day on Saturday I went to five guys for lunch and was over my limit so I said screw it this will be my cheat day so I also went to dairy queen and had a few beers but I logged it all . I was over by 2000 calories but that was how I always ate before know wonder why I kept growing I must have averaged 4000-5000 calories a day before ...... So logging everything is working for me
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING!! chewing gum, water with lemon ( no calories, sodium, nothing in it :drinker: ) late night munchies, even spices when I cook.
    I just find that the small things (5 or 10 or 15 calories ) add up after awhile , plus for me it just keeps me honest with myself and my progress. Im not downing anyone elses way of doing it, i just know it works this way for ME!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • niknak30
    niknak30 Posts: 58
    Options
    I log everything. In fact I had to do a food diary as well one week for my trainer and he laughed at me because I logged three orange jelly beans.
    He said to write everything I put in my mouth that week.... so I did!

I figure I am only cheating myself if I don't log it and how else will I succeed if I start cheating myself
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have to log everything to stay accountable. Plenty of people have zero trouble with that, I'm just not one of them.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I log everything. In fact I had to do a food diary as well one week for my trainer and he laughed at me because I logged three orange jelly beans.
    He said to write everything I put in my mouth that week.... so I did!

I figure I am only cheating myself if I don't log it and how else will I succeed if I start cheating myself

I have been really good (in the 3 weeks+ of doing MFP about logging everything (besides the coffee on occasion!)... and was super surprised to see little things like A Hershey kiss - I ate 3 - that was 67 calories. (!) I find it interesting just to see exactly wherein the calories lie & it is often (not to quote WW's) in BLT's - bites, licks and tastes. I've also found that a little bite of this or that sends me spiraling out of control - esp when I'm making dinner which is the hardest time of the day for me to hold myself accountable.

I was making brownies for a friend this morning and didn't even lick the spoon. THAT was a first! :laugh:
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    ...I was making brownies for a friend this morning and didn't even lick the spoon. THAT was a first! :laugh:

Yay! Now to your question ... I don't log my coffee.I DO try to log everything else. I also,however,think my lifestyle is a little more active than what I stated in my profile, which MAY be good for weight loss, but it makes maintenance mode a bit of a pain.