Machine or MFP

Options
When I run on the eliptical I choose the 300 calorie workout and it takes me 32 minutes to do that.

When I record it on MFP it says I burnt 553 calories..Is the difference because MFP takes my weight into account. Or Why is it different if thats not the reason?????

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Do you enter your weight and age in on the machine?
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Nope..It never asks for it....

I wish it did though. I know 3 years ago when I had a great weight loss I would run 30 min on the eliptical is I would easily burn 500-600 calories, that was on a gym eliptical.. The eliptical I have is a cheaper one from walmart that doesn't ask any info about the person working out on it.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Since your elliptical does not ask for wright and age I would go with map's number. However I always strongly advocate buying a heart rate monitor. Polar f4 or f6. Best way to track cals burned accurately.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Machines are typically not how you should calculate. MFP is probably more accurate, like you said it takes your weight into account. I would recommend saving up and getting an HRM, that will be more accurate than either MFP or the machine. :smile:
  • jenszoo
    jenszoo Posts: 19
    Options
    I always enter what the machine says but I have the opposite problem. I use the incline on the treadmill and I walk for 60 minutes which equals 500 cals. When I enter 60 mintues into MFP it doesnt calculate the incline so it usually gives me less cals. I do enter my wieght and age when I start also.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    How much is a heart monitor????\
    \
    I am totally clueless lol..sorry...
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    I got my Reebok XT HRM for less than $30 including shipping. I LOVE it! You can change the batteries yourself whereas the Polars have to be sent out to be changed.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    wooohooo sweet!!!! can i get them at like ****s ????
  • busymom74
    Options
    I'm not sure where you tried to type. :laugh: I got mine off Ebay.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Omg hahah!!!!:laugh: I typed the sporting goods store that starts with a certain males private body part...bwhahah:):):) My bad!!!!:noway:
  • busymom74
    Options
    OOOoooooooooooooh suuuuuuuure Sporting goods store..... That's the story now huh?? :wink: :laugh:

jk!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :wink:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    Tehehehe:):)...You know what I was thinking about:tongue::tongue: :bigsmile: