• LeoQuin
    LeoQuin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    TRY THE
    Food Should Taste Good
    products
  • marinecorewife
    Options
    APPETITE SUPPRESANTS. THEY PREVENT YOU FROM SNACKING. THEY TAKE AWAY YOUR APPETITE AO YOU CHOOSE WHAT TO EAT AND MAKE BETTER HEALTHIER CHOICES. SO YOUR BODY WILL TELL YOU WHEN ITS HUNGRY INSTEAD YOU YOUR APPETITE GETTING THE BEWST OF YOU. I SNACK ON MIXED NUTS ALL KINDS OF BLENDS OUT THERE. AND I ALSO TAKE AN APPETITE SUPPRESANT THAT DEMOLISHES MY CRAVINGS AND APPETITE BUT ALSO GIVES ME ENERGY.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Post on the forums. Rack up as many strikes as possible. Then post on the forums with responses that are just under the radar of strikes. Keep score.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Snack size popcorn if you are hungry!!!
  • Skye259
    Skye259 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    try having someone work with you who can eat non-stop junk food, cookies, cakes, candy, chips, crackers etc all day, everyday, now that is hard when dieting, I drink water and yes, chew gum plus bring my own snacks /food ~ I keep this site open so if I did cheat would have to record it, I don't like having to do that. Good luck, maybe go for a short walk, sometimes I do that, get away from it all for five to ten minutes.
  • AMorganNJ
    AMorganNJ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of water, chew some gum, and space my snacks so I'm never hungry. Doesn't mean I don't tempted and sometimes succumb to the temptation, but I do my best. I also go for a walk around my building and socialize. Once you do that, you completely forget that you are bored.

My snacks vary from 10 almonds or so, to roasted veggies, to water with flax meal and a splash of apple juice. Try keeping room for healthy snacks around and eat every 3-5 hours.

Hope that helps :)
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have to walk past six people in my department that know I'm on a diet before I reach the vending machine. I'd never make it.

this works for me too - i even have a couple of MFP friends that sit right by me - talk about accountability! But it works....
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I keep healthy snacks at my desk to munch on. Or I'll take a walk around the building.
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Other people may not agree but i actually keep a lot of snacks around. Not because I want to eat them all at once, but because if it's always around i dont want it.

However, when i do want a snack, i usually go for something under 150 calories like the 100 pack of microwave popcorn, an apple, an orange. a pack of sugar free pudding is always yummy too. But before i have any of these i CHUG 1t least 16 ounces of water. If im still hungry, then i have the snack. best of luck!
  • ginamarie423
    Options
    I was having the same problem, until I left all my money and CC at home. I pack my lunch and make sure I make healthy choice.
    for midmorning snack I usually have an Apple or Kiwi with string cheese or yogurt. and mid afternoon snack is carrots, celery, cucumbers with hummus.
  • SeeEJay
    SeeEJay Posts: 1
    Options
    I have this problem every day! Especially since i quit smoking about 6 months ago and i work in a restaurant, its so hard NOT to munch on something all the time.
    I started bringing chewing gum or unsalted mixed nuts and drink lots of water.
    And I've recently started telling myself "if i eat that, im gunna end up a short, fat old mexican lady like my mother!" :laugh: lol seems to be working well so far.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

Good ideas! My office knows I'm not snacking on sweet things now and I think the no money thing is good. I do have healthy snacks but sometimes it's soo appealing to nip to the shop but I won't be doing that now!
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Take on new projects, ask your boss if there's anything else you can do.. You shouldn't be bored at work, honestly. The only time I think about food at work is on my lunch break.. I spend the rest of my day, you know, working.

Sorry, but being busy doesn't mean you're not bored. I have a boring job and no matter how busy I am I'm still bored. However, I'm very grateful for my job.

What I do is bring everything I'm going to allow myself to eat in a work day and lots of water. I usually streatch my food out over the day.