Ummm I dont know if I should continue with 30 Day Shred

Options
Ok so today is day 2 and I seriously CAN NOT WALK. I am in sooooooo much pain. Does anyone know what I can do to make the pain go away. Should I stop doing it? I have never done a workout like this and I think it is scaring me any one with advice please let me know Sorry to put so many post on here but I am in pain and dont know what to do. Mayb you guys who have done this can tell me to keep going or what I dont know

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's normal. The soreness will go after Day 3 or 4. I kept going and it got easier. The first 3 days, I could barely walk or sit on the toilet to pee.
  • jkuehn15
    jkuehn15 Posts: 11
    Options
    STRETCH!!!! and if you are still in that much pain take a rest day!!! also bananas and strawberries help with soreness as well as things high in protein!!!
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I could hardly walk down the stairs! Keep it up and it will go away quickly and you'll feel awesome. Don't give up. The soreness is your muscles growing. :)
  • mmtrnr
    mmtrnr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started with Level One every other day for about a week and a half. Then I upped it to everyday (starting April 1st). It DOES GET BETTER. I couldn't sit or stand without severe discomfort for two days when I started! Remember, at first you don't have to go as deep into the squats or lunges. But push yourself when you think you are ready. I've definitely seen results and I'm not even half-way through!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    If you are in pain you need to take a rest day. Being sore is one thing, being in major pain is a whole different. You might need to modify the moves and follow the beginner chick to start out.
  • alli4350
    alli4350 Posts: 38
    Options
    I was sore for the first 2-3 days. I kept going though and the soreness went away.
  • senprob1424
    senprob1424 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I wouldn't stop doing it. It's such a great workout and you will see results fast! I think you are just very sore...make sure you take the time at the beginning and end of the workout to stretch. It's SO important. I was so sore I would do some static stretches when I woke up in the morning. It really helps. Keep up the hard work because it WILL pay off!
  • pippyrlz23
    pippyrlz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Day two was SUPER hard for me too! I was DYING! My husband was laughing at me because I was walking weird and made him go downstairs to bring the laundry up so I could fold it. But honestly, by day three I was barely sore and was able to get through all the push ups without stopping. If you are doing the days consistently try doing every other day instead until you build up your stamina and your muscles get a little more used to it. Don't give up though...it will be well worth it in the end!! Good luck!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it 3 days now and am super sore. I'm going to keep going though. No pain, no gain! :D
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Whenever you start a new workout that is more intense, you are going to be sore. You can try to ease up a little bit, perhaps, by not doing as many reps, or lifting as much weight (I've never done this workout so I'm not sure exactly what it entails, but you get my drift). Easing into a workout when you have not been working out at all or as hard will still give you an opportunity to burn some calories, but not take you out of commission. It's better to do a lighter workout for 4 or 5 days or every other day than to workout really hard one day and be incapacitated for the rest of the week.

Another thing that works to loosen up muscles that are already sore is stretching. This makes a big difference. I also find that a warm/hot bath or shower loosens up muscles, and makes the pain and discomfort ease up temporarily.

Good luck and hang in there. You might just take a day off to give your muscles time to heal as well.
  • buttercup922
    Options
    When you warm up for your next work out, it will help you feel better, then end it with a good stretch. The longer you sit, the worse it feels. Take some anti-inflammatory medicine like motrin, and drink lots of water.
    My advice on heavy workouts like that is:
    1) Yes push yourself so you are sore, that means you're making progress.
    20 Don't push so hard that you hate it and can't function the next few days.

Keep at it!!!
  • maradanielle
    maradanielle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    the first couple nights doing 30day shred I would take Some Aleve before bed, so I wasn't as sore in the morning. It does get better Lately I've been doing 2 level of 30DS each night. Good luck !
  • EmmaR84
    EmmaR84 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Keep going! I'm only on day 7 of it and for the first 2 days I was in a lot of pain but I woke up on day 3 and it wasn't so bad, I did the work out and it eleviated a lot of the aches, day 4 felt amazing in comparison. The last few days I've had some tightness in my calves but that's gone after a hot bath and stretching them
  • msgingerc
    msgingerc Posts: 38
    Options
    I found days 2-5 very hard going, but I promise you it gets better after that, and the last 7-8 days you will just power through it! Trust me, I just finished 30 Day Shred today - I did 30 days in a row without missing a single day. I am so proud of my achievement and feel like I can achieve anything.

Good luck, and do whatever you can to keep going!
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up on it--it was this program where I started to see the weight loss
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I like the muscle soreness...it means I worked out.

It's normal.

Take a day off if you need to but then get back at it.

I find I am more sore 2 days after a new workout routine begins for some reason. But keep at it and you will see great results. The first time I did the shred I lost 17 inches all over my body in 17 days.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    keep with it- it gets easier! You are working muscles that you haven't used before!
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    Ice will help and ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory so will help too. And Drink lots of water. Also, you may want to do some light exercise like walking to loosen up the muscle a little bit. Take a few days off 30DS and just do walking etc and then go back to it. If you don't feel any improvement by day 3 (the second day after a workout can sometimes be worse) see a doctor or if you have any isolated or shooting pain I would recommend seeing a doctor.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    its worth it. it happens every time I progress to the next level. pop an ibuprofen and keep it up!
  • nicolepope11
    Options
    Healthy fats, particularly avocado helps restore muscle health :) And LOTS of water! Make sure you are getting between 2-3 liters per day!