Family bringing me down

Options
Hi. My mom is in shape, super skinny, and can eat whatever she wants. Now that I am home from school, I have gained massive amts. of weight b/c her eating brings me down. She eats and eats and then I do to. I was going to try and clean it up today and was planning on cutting a few things out of my diet and when I came downstairs, she was eating one of the things I was trying to give up. It's like she can't even be supportive of me at all. Help please... it's so hard being at home and trying to stick to my diet. Please help.

Replies

• 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    Try talking to her about it....Does she know your trying to get healthy? Maybe schedule your time in the kitchen separate from hers?:flowerforyou:
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Have you attempted to talk to her about how you're feeling? She may not realize you're trying to lose weight.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    When it comes down to it, people suck. And even though it seems easy, we can't change them at all. If your Mom makes some giant high calorie meal, cut your potions in half. Or maybe offer to make dinner. There are so many ways to make a great meal that has very little calories. Or you can offer to make part of the meal (and then don't eat everything she makes). Just for lunch I seared a half pound tuna steak with pepper and lime. I actually couldn't finish it and it was great. A nice pork chop with apple and onions, chicken and asparagus, the list goes on! Take control because no one else will do it for you!
  • KKluvUSC
    KKluvUSC Posts: 37
    Options
    Oh she knows VERY well that I'm trying to lose weight. She doesn't seem to care anymore. And worse- she suspects as a family that we eat our meals together. Failure heading my way. :(
  • butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    you can do it:wink: tell yourself that you dont need what she is having..i have a hubbie and two boys who love there sweets and yeah its hard..but i dont have it because i dont want to be mad at myself afterwards..keep your head up and think postive about what your doing..this is a change for you and no one else...you can do it!!!!!
  • AshBear
    AshBear Posts: 63
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! My fiance can eat WHATEVER he wants and he does so all the time. He doesn't get that by eating the food right in front of me all the time is like torture. I talked to him and asked him if he could try to make healthier choices with me and it worked pretty well. Also what helped is asking him to eat those foods away from me! Hope this helps.
  • KKluvUSC
    KKluvUSC Posts: 37
    Options
    Thank you all for your help, I have talked to her, but she really doesn't care. So I'll have to just do my best to go about my own business...
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!!!

I don't see where you need to lose any weight. Maybe focus on eating healthier and exercising to tone up.