who cares about age! I have over 50 pounds to lose, and lot

Options
lots of post ask for ages! is that even a reason to support someone? seems to me a person losing weight is a person losing weight, however I do feel that someone with lots of weight to lose is in a different boat than someone with a little weight to lose. I know age is a factor, but some of us have been through more in twenty short years than someone in there fifties!!! I am a 30 year old mother of two, a 2 year old and a 4 year old! been married for six years, a full time teacher, work part time at subway to help ends meet, and have a business on the side doing art for people. I survived cancer a few short years ago, and was told I couldnt have kids, and only a few months after was pregnant! they are both huge blessings!!! I just want to be able to keep up with them now, and be with them for a long time! Its my turn, I love the control I have lately just need some help keeping the control! whos in, your age doesnt matter to me, just need people to lean on and motivate me. I survived cancer for myself and my husband, I want to beat obesity now for two other young reasons! whos in????

Replies

• Fowa
    Fowa Posts: 9
    Options
    Way to go girl, I would love to be on your team. I am a senior and had to bouts with heart problems. I lost 50lbs in 2009. kept it off until this fall when i hurt my back. put it all back on. I will be your motivation if you will be mine!! Age is a state of mine.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hey. I've just turned 40 - but that's just a number, right!!! I have 3 children, eldest nearly 16 and youngest nearly 3. I have about 50lbs+ to lose. My goal is 60lbs but I may change it when I get there. Been on here since January 7th 2012 and loving the support I get from my MFP friends. My diary is open to the public and I log absolutely everything, good, bad and damn right ugly!!!

Good luck on your journey. x
  • leslieleet
    leslieleet Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    sounds like you can do beat anything you set your mind to. what an amazing story.