The nutrition categories.

Options
Obviously we all count calories, but what others do you monitor? I have cals, fat, carbs and protein.

I feel like I should add sugar, but I drink specialized frappuccinos daily and it kicks my sugar over and that makes me feel bad, so I don't monitor it. Hahah! I'm a bad dieter.

Replies

• hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My main concerns are calories, fat, protein, fiber, and sodium. I think a lot of people over look sodium.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I watch my carbs, protien, sugar and fiber. I use the fiber and protien as min, and carbs and sugars as max.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    cals, carb, fat, protein thats all I worry about
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    Calories, Fat, Saturated Fat, Sodium, Protein and Fiber. MFP doesn't distinguish between added and naturally occurring sugars so that tool isn't useful to me.
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    carbs, protein, fat, and I feel most important, sugar and sodium.
  • toasterlisa
    toasterlisa Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi, My columns are Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sodium and Iron.

I watch the sodium because my blood pressure is borderline.
    I track the iron because I was diagnosed as Iron Deficient at my last physical, so I'm striving to eat more iron-rich foods.

BUT -- I don't live or die by the MFP suggested ratios of any of these things. I do make an effort to come in at or just under my alotted calories for the day, but do not fret about having exactly the correct grams of protein, fat, carbs, etc.

Best wishes on your health and wellness journey,
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel A LOT better to see others not counting their sugars! :happy:
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I just started to count sugars, and kinda wish I hadn't :smile:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I like to look at all of the numbers, but only calories really matter to me (and I'm down 30 pounds). I try to keep sodium under (and on days like today where I had subway, I try not to have any other source of too much sodium. I also strive to get to 100 grams of protein, but almost never do. And I watch my sugar... As it rises...

Yeah, I think I'm one of the worst 'dieters' but actually caring about all that will just spike my cortisol. So in the interest of weight loss I ignore all the numbers that I'm not very good at hitting :)
  • Ballalorna
    Ballalorna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I count carbs, iron, protein, fat and sugar. I've always been low on iron so I'm trying to eat more iron rich foods...but I'm always way under!

Sugar I'm ALWAYS way over. I drink hot chocolate ;)