Best workout dvds, for beginners?

Options
What work out dvd's would you recommend for beginners? I'm pretty over weight, so insanity or p90x would probably kill me. I do want to shed pounds quickly though, so any advice is helpful!

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Jillian!! The 30 Day Shred is a hard work out but it really really gets results, check out the success thread for 30 Day Shred before and afters :)
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I second the 30 Day Shred. Cycle One is free on YouTube if you'd like to give it a try before you purchase the system. Highly recommend it and you can modify the exercises if you need to.
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Try the Leslie Sansone walking DVD's. They really work. The one I like the best is Walk Slim - Fas & Firm - 4 Really Big Miles. I started with the first mile and then I was hooked. I now do the first three miles every day! You can adjust it to how intense you feel you need it by adding hand weights or upper body movements. I really see great results from this.

Good luck.
  • emilybrokaw
    Options
    How much does it normally cost? I also thought about doing the Jamie eason live fit plan.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I second the 30 Day Shred. Cycle One is free on YouTube if you'd like to give it a try before you purchase the system. Highly recommend it and you can modify the exercises if you need to.

Thank you for posting this.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I started with 30ds with jillian michaels. HIGHLY recommend! It's not easy, but if you keep trying it will get better! You will certainly see a difference in your body! I lost 9.5 inches and 11 pounds when I was doing 30ds. 5.5 of those inches were in my waiste!!

You can do this! Just pick something and start moving! don't expect perfection and you'll do great!
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    The Leslie Sanson videos and Jillian videos are about $9 - $10 each at Wal-mart or Amazon. On Amazon you can rent some for a week to see what you like. That's how I did the first part of Jillian's 30DS.

I'll have to look into the Jamie Eason, I know the friend of a fried that loves it!!
  • emilybrokaw
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Does the 30d shred include a meal plan?
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Jillian also has a Beginner series. Jillian Michaels for Beginners - Frontside and Jillian Michaels for Beginners - Backside.

Loved those!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    There's no meal plan for 30 Day Shred but just staying in your cals will yield results!
    If you can finish the 30 days, you'll be ready for a longer program, for sure. I'm only on week 2 of the 30 Day Shred and that b*tch is kicking my *kitten*.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

You can also get 30DS and the Leslie Sansone DVD's through Netflix. They have some of Jillian's other stuff, but not all of it.
  • allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Walk Away the Pounds
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I second Leslie Sansone. She has DVD's with various mile lengths, but they are set up so you can do as little or as much as you want. As you builde endurance, she has more difficult ones that include intervals (light jogging) and strength training, but you can adapt any of her tapes to your fitness level. I wouldn't have started and continued a solid exercise plan if not for her because other things I had tried were too hard or I wasn't coordinated enough.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options

You can also get 30DS and the Leslie Sansone DVD's through Netflix. They have some of Jillian's other stuff, but not all of it.

Krissy, good to know. Thank you!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Not sure where you are, but our local video rental (Family Video) rents exercise videos for free! It was fun to try a bunch of different ones. But I own 30 DS and NFL Training day for the Wii (fun!) and I inherited my relatives old tapes from the 80s, like sweating to the oldies and other horrible uses of spandex, but it was funny and made the addition of exercise entertaining. We laughed more, too!

Good luck on your journey!