Ripped in 30

Options
What do y'all think of "Ripped in 30" by Jillian Micaheals? Decent? Get good results? Supplement with gym time? I'm curious because I got the DVD as a present. I am in fairly good shape as well. What y'all think?

Replies

• jeangirl928
    jeangirl928 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I did Ripped in 30 directly after doing the 30 DS. I liked it quite a bit more the 30 DS. It has a little harder and since it has 4 levels instead of 3 I didn't get quite as bored with it. However being that it is a short video I usually did some extra cardio most days to get a higher calorie burn in.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I think you either like JM or you don't. Since you have the DVD already, I'd say watch each level a few times to get a feel for it.

I have it, I'm on week 2 and I'm thinking about dumping it and going back "real" weight work. You don't have to stand on one leg to lift dumbbells.
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I like it, I am only on level 2 though. I don't do it they way you are supposed to though, I alternate videos daily, and then go for a run after... Can anyone give a heads up on the next two levels? lol
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input! I've done the work out two or three times on days I couldn't make it to the gym. I'm just curious as to the results if I were to actually follow the plan. Like some of you said, it's short and you have to lift dumbells on one leg. So while I want to supplement it with extra gym time, I'm curious if it's effectiveness as a plan or if it's good for that off day were there's no time for the gym.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    The effectiveness depends on your current level of fitness. If the video is above your current level of fitness, you may see results. If it's below, then you probably won't get much out of it. I've been doing weights for a while and it's not doing much for me.