Feeling DISCOURAGED!

Options
I'm having a bad day and am just feeling really discouraged. I feel like it's so hard for me to lose weight! Frustrated that my friend just had a baby, lost her 40lbs of baby weight and then some without even trying! I know everyone is different I am just feeling so down today and feel like quitting and eating a bunch of chips or something...somebody stop me! Convince me otherwise aaahhh :( does anyone else feel like this right now or periodically? What brings your spirits up? HELP!

Replies

• dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am feeling like this right now too, so not sure i can be any help. Just wanted to say I understand and send you a BIG hug. The only thing I can think to do at the moment is keep putting one foot in front of the other and trust that *this too shall pass*. Dyanna
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    It's important to remember why you are doing this and WHO you are doing it for. I just focus on the fact that I am important and I deserve to be healthy.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Well,baby weight is generally a lot of gunk. I lost 27 lbs in 3 days after my sons, and I only gained 17-18lbs with them. Didn't make me look much better, as it wasn't fat :laugh:

Don't give up what you want the most for what you want right now.:flowerforyou:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    giving up and eating a bunch of chips is what got you where you are now -- unhappy with yourself.

if it's easy it isn't worth doing! :)

stick with it!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    We've all felt that way. Just stick with it!
  • kculp73
    kculp73 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Most foods don't have the same appeal with minty clean breath. Drink some cold water. You can make it through. There is nothing more discouraging than giving up and being disgusted with yourself later.
  • JoDeeD
    JoDeeD Posts: 391
    Options
    I got fired a couple years back by a bipolar witch and what I did was post on fb everyday how Happy I was! I know this sounds weird, but no matter how down or discouraged I was I wrote happy thoughts. My husband's favorite saying is "Fake it until you make it" I actually started feeling better and have encouraged others to do this. It works. Now if weight would only come off by me willing it :wink:
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    yep. I'm in the same boat. I have been stuck at the same weight for 3 LOONNNG months. I have been working out, eating clean, etc. But I'm going to stick this out. Just started a new program and am determined to get the last 15 off, or a size 6/8, whichever comes first. I have put the scale away and will be taking measurements. Although I have not lost a single pound in three months, I have dropped a size. So the scale is tucked away for now. Hang in there. Keep working hard. We'll get there. Thro the chips away!!! :wink:
  • KenDubya74
    KenDubya74 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just keep in mind this is a marathon and not a sprint. If you really want it bad enough you will do this. You will have those doubtful moments, I've had mine over the course of nearly three months. I shake them off, keep my head up and keep pushing... ask yourself, do you want a better health and a better life? You can do this. So many others have before you, there will be those that come after you and maybe you can be an inspiration to them. Quit should not be in your vocabulary. Take it one day at a time.
  • has001
    has001 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had a day much like yours yesterday. I just took some time alone with my big bottle of water, and had some time to emotionally refocus myself. I can honestly say that I have a lot of inspirations but my biggest is to honor the memory of my sister who died a little over a year ago very suddenly and unexpected at the age of 39. She was my best friend and could always give me advice and I was much her best friend. I still to this day feel as though there is a hole in my soul... but know that she is still with me in my heart, and that she can guide me to stay motivated through my journey. So long answer short.... I look at pictures of her and I and my son and remember the good times, and talk to her one on one and tell her to guide me through my struggles. I know that nothign can bring her back; but I know that by gettign healthy I can do as much under my power as possible to not make my mother lose another child way before their time. Hope this helps! Keep your chins up! Feel free to friend me!
  • JustinaSwavolaWillis
    Options
    I feel this way all the time- that's why I'm trying this :) lol... don't give up!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Please do not eat a bag of chips. I was so sad last week, I did not excercise one day. This weekend I ate some brownies. Today was a better day. I had a good nights sleep and had a good day. Nothing extradoniary just better than last week. Watch a movie that you love or go to sleep. If you are asleep you are not hungry. Good luck.
  • JohnnysJune
    Options
    Everyone has their moments. I have days all I wanna do is eat and getting up to exercise is more of a pain in the *kitten* then its worth. On days like that I try to remember why Im doing this and what will happen if I dont. Its not about the person who just had a baby and lost it all plus some. Its about YOU and making your self happier and healthier. Try never to lose sight of that.

Remember YOU!!

Big hugs! It will get better. :flowerforyou:
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    Brush your teeth. Most foods don't have the same appeal with minty clean breath. Drink some cold water. You can make it through. There is nothing more discouraging than giving up and being disgusted with yourself later.

That's brilliant!! I'm gonna start packing a toothbrush & toothpaste to work. :)
  • drmattski
    drmattski Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    we all have bad days. Exercise and support from friends and loved ones always lifts my spirits!

Stick with it - you can do it :smile:
    198601 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Get something out that is healthy and snack on that... when I want to eat for emotional reasons I get out my bag of carrots and eat and eat .... you will feel so much better after doing this then cheating! Remember you are only cheating yourself. You will see results and believe me you will be so happy you didnt eat that junk food! But it takes time. Good Luck!!!
  • JohnnysJune
    Options
    I got fired a couple years back by a bipolar witch and what I did was post on fb everyday how Happy I was! I know this sounds weird, but no matter how down or discouraged I was I wrote happy thoughts. My husband's favorite saying is "Fake it until you make it" I actually started feeling better and have encouraged others to do this. It works. Now if weight would only come off by me willing it :wink:

I love this concept!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged, we all have bad days. That's normal. I myself ate like a pig the last 3 days and gained 4 lbs. Talk about being discouraged. My friends on MFP always encourage me. Hang in there and when you start feeling the desire to eat junk food drink lots of water. I chew gum!!
  • newjenw2012
    Options
    I think that we can all feel that way, the best thing is to find a healthy snack and refocus. Think why are you doing this and look at the progress you are making!! Tomorrow is another day!! Just remember you are WORTH this and YOU can do this!! Chin up!!
  • dyannajoy
    dyannajoy Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I had a day much like yours yesterday. I just took some time alone with my big bottle of water, and had some time to emotionally refocus myself. I can honestly say that I have a lot of inspirations but my biggest is to honor the memory of my sister who died a little over a year ago very suddenly and unexpected at the age of 39. She was my best friend and could always give me advice and I was much her best friend. I still to this day feel as though there is a hole in my soul... but know that she is still with me in my heart, and that she can guide me to stay motivated through my journey. So long answer short.... I look at pictures of her and I and my son and remember the good times, and talk to her one on one and tell her to guide me through my struggles. I know that nothign can bring her back; but I know that by gettign healthy I can do as much under my power as possible to not make my mother lose another child way before their time. Hope this helps! Keep your chins up! Feel free to friend me!

I lost my daughter 12 years ago......I am so proud of how you are handling the loss of her and letting her support you in such a wonderful way....I needed to hear this today as I too am struggling and had forgotten she is with me always......yet I still have days where it does not seem to matter........today is one of them.....I know she will help me come back to life yet again.....they love us so....hugs to you dear, Dyanna