Lost 40lbs in 4mths // Before & After photo // Male

Options
Well I'd like to start by thanking myfitnesspal for creating such a great tool for the iPhone! Without it I don't think I would of had the same results/success - or even continued on the road to losing weight at all!

As you can see from the before pic, there is a Christmas tree on the left - this was from last year (2011), and as of now (11/04/2012) I've lost 40lbs (18kgs), which is around 1kg per week I was losing. This was all done by simply using the food diary without any "exercise", which doesn't mean I laid in bed all day - just meant I had the "IT" (computer) sit down all day job, and didn't have any real time for "hours" at the gym etc.

The photos of my family (and me) putting up the Christmas 2011 was the turning point, I had put on the pounds over the last few years and I started getting back aches, and not being able to do the things I used to be able to do. Also the biggest thing was that I still had the "thin" me in my head as what I thought I was, then every time I looked in the mirror I'd see the "real" me, and I got depressed and upset a lot. All this led up to the point of change - Christmas 2011.

From there I simply just stuck to the calorie counting feature in this app, and along with my wonderful wife's help of changing the food/meals to be less fat (etc) and adding them as custom meals to the app, it all helped to get the result I have today.

Hope this can be of some hope to the men out there that losing weight isn't all about the girls, but I tell you what, I feel amazing now and so much healthier and happier - now I can just remain in the healthy eating habits I've developed along the way, and remain at this weight . Thanks for listening! God Bless. :smile:

7065937487_229e824817.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!