Supersize vs Superskinny

Options
eig6
eig6 Posts: 249 Member
Anyone else obsessed with weight loss tv shows? I especially love supersize vs superskinny because it doesnt just focus on people who are too overweight and the health problems that brings but also how bad for your health it is to be too thin which I dont thing we hear enough about. I just love its overall message of healthy eating and its focus on how what you put into your body affects it :-) You can watch it free on youtube if youve never seen it too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwLr0-Gtxqw&feature=relmfu

Also I love "I used to be fat" on MTV, so motivating! Its also free to watch online :-)

Replies

• angelashay42
    Options
    We don't have that show in the US. I will watch that. Thanks!
  • brentrhodes
    brentrhodes Posts: 139
    Options
    We LOVE the weightloss shows.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

I think it is on O or Oxygen or one of those other "female" channels. I love the attractive offwhite underwear they make them wear. What better way to get somebody to change their diet than to humilate them! :S
  • CaoimheAine
    CaoimheAine Posts: 195
    Options
    I used to LOVE that show. I haven't seen it in a while though.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Oh I love Supersize vs Superskinny! And all the other weight loss shows. My boyfriend says I am obsessed but I just find it so interesting :smile:
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I've never seen Supersize vs. Superskinny but I'm going to check out your link, sounds interesting!
  • toosywoots
    Options
    Why is it that the medium size to thinner people love those type of shows about fat loss and weight? My thin BF loves them but all I see are heavy people being too dumb to realize they are being humiliated and used. Those weigh in outfits are horribly embarrassing for me to even watch. Reality shows to me should be banned.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I have seen "Supersized vs Superskinny"! Very interesting show! I wish they actually had it on tv in California though. I used to be a big fan of Biggest Loser, and I do enjoy "I Used to be Fat" and "Chelsea Settles" on MTV
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I think it is on O or Oxygen or one of those other "female" channels. I love the attractive offwhite underwear they make them wear. What better way to get somebody to change their diet than to humilate them! :S
    I've watched it before on BBC! It's been a while since ive seen it though.
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the link. I've been meaning to check it out for a while. I love weight loss shows. They've always given me hope and helped me to understand my relationship to food and my body a lot better (even if they are "reality shows" and probably very scripted or perfectly edited to twist things slightly).
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I miss living in England!! Supersized Vs Superskinny was great! Can't see it in Canada!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the weight loss shows :)
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Why is it that the medium size to thinner people love those type of shows about fat loss and weight? My thin BF loves them but all I see are heavy people being too dumb to realize they are being humiliated and used. Those weigh in outfits are horribly embarrassing for me to even watch. Reality shows to me should be banned.

Yes the outfits are unflattering, but they are on the show for a reason: to lose weight. The ugly outfits show them their "reality" you gotta be real about what you're working with.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I love that show! It is my favorite too. I don't like the biggest loser though I think it is disgusting (personal opinion).
  • mybeach27
    mybeach27 Posts: 243
    Options
    I am watching the biggest loser in the background as I type this...soo inspiring! Although i admit that this season isn't as good as the previous ones, it still helps to keep me focused on my goals and makes me keep pushing!!!
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options

Funny you say this. I've heard others say pretty much the same thing. I guess I don't take it that way. They wear the sports bra/shorts so you can really see the difference from week to week. I find it to be very motivational and I'm very thankful they're up there showing us it can be done. My work is doing a Biggest Loser competition this spring/summer. I can't wait!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Wow, just watched the first episode and this is mind-blowing. I DEFINITELY am going to share this
  • sem41278
    sem41278 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    love that show! It made me think hard about what I was doing to myself too!
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

Funny you say this. I've heard others say pretty much the same thing. I guess I don't take it that way. They wear the sports bra/shorts so you can really see the difference from week to week. I find it to be very motivational and I'm very thankful they're up there showing us it can be done. My work is doing a Biggest Loser competition this spring/summer. I can't wait!

I totally agree. I think its done that way to show their progress and seeing that they can do it makes me feel so motivated to do it too!