Soreness after doing 30day shred

Options
Ok I just posted earlier that I was starting 30ds today. Well day 1 is over with but I am experiencing ache in my legs. What is good to help the soreness and does it go away after like the 3rd day? I have never ever worked out like this and grant it I am a big woman so this was a big step for me any advice will help thank you friends

Replies

• ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Im doing 30DS as well & I have found that doing more stretching as a cool down helped greatly in my soreness.

I actually do 15 min of yoga after.
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If you ever have leg soreness, walking is the absolute best way to ease the pain. 100%, I'm suffering today after trying to burn off easter chocolate yesterday, lol
  • JakinsandPeykins
    Options
    I was extremely sore also. Just keep stretching before and after. The soreness goes away after the second-third day. I had to push through the soreness to do the second and third day.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the 30DS but I have done Insanity which I think is similar. When I was really sore, I asked my partner to rub it a little. A little massage goes a long way, it might hurt a little during it but after, it feels SOOOO much better.

The massage promotes rapid blood flow to the torn areas which help the healing process to be faster. I was sore for about a week after I started, then aches and pains as it continued. Like I said a massage soothed it. It won't go away but it becomes a little more bareable.

Stretching is VERY important, but don't over stretch your limits ( I did that) it might make it worse - well it did for me
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    should i be drinking a protien shake after workout tooo?
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    30DS is evillll! I am a big girl (300+) and while I survived it, it sure did kick my butt. Just remember to get a good stretch in before you do it, my ex did it with me and didn't stretch and ended up pulling a muscle in his leg. Not good.
  • jellybean82
    jellybean82 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was in agony after starting 30DS! I find she doesn't do enough stretching afterwards so I just added a few minutes myself. I also found taking a bath in epsom salts helped.

It does get better after a few days though.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It gets better. Day 1 hurt bad. I am on level 2 day 2 and am sore. But I like it - I means its working
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    If you're that sore...your muscles need time to repair. You make the biggest gains during rest. Having said that sitting around is the worst thing you can do when you hurt like that. Tomorrow go for a nice, long, quick paced walk. Your muscles just aren't used to that kind of work. When the sore is gone it's time to do it agian.....It won't hurt this badly again I promise. You're going to get STRONG. Don't give up!

:wink:
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    I started the 30ds last week and I was sore after the first day, but I found it easier to the second day, and I wasn't as sore after day 2. You really do have to push yourself to do it. It might seem impossible right now but it is totally worth it! :happy:
  • cwe1229a
    cwe1229a Posts: 34
    Options
    my first day, i ached so bad in my legs i had a hard time going up and down stairs!
    but it gets much better, with each time you do it. you just have to stick to it. take a day off if you need to!
  • ninalovinglife
    Options
    ok so did you walk after you did each workout or just stretch I am a big girl tooo and I find this hard but like JM says on her video I have 400 pound people doing this so I know you can lol
  • babbycakess
    Options
    i am also doing the shred and i was sore and didn't want to work out the next day so to fix it i did a lot more stretches even some she doesn't do and i walk the next day then i do the shred again so i just switch it out one day of walking and one day of shred
  • azwaa
    azwaa Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have just finished my 30 days and am waiting for my 90 day total body with JIllian to arrive. The first day I couldn't move after the workout, I had to lie on the couch all afternoon. The second day was better, day six was no burn and day eight I felt like it was too easy. The key is to keep going, the burn is good. It is your body changing, which is why you are doing in the first place. Just remember if you keep at it, you will get stronger.
  • dmarie303
    Options
    Glad it's not just me. My legs are still sore 2 days later but I think I'm going to push through it tonight and go to a zumba class. Maybe if I do the video, I'll take a day off and just walk in between. Either way, I'm just relieved that I'm not the only one so sore afterwards!
  • MelCox76
    Options
    I'm not brave enough to shred yet, but I actually made it through her "No More Trouble Zones" exercise the other day. I really strained my left hammy/butt area trying to do one of the exercises. Within 10 minutes I could tell it wasn't right and within an hour I was really hurting and could barely walk. I thought I would be hurting for at least the next couple of days. I took a long soak (45 min to 1 hr) in an epsom salt bath. I probably put 2 cups of epsom salt in the bath and took at least 200 mg of advil. The next day it was still feeling a little something, but it wasn't bad at all. By the end of my 1/2 hour walk in the morning I was fine. No problems at my desk job either.