Optimum Nutrition Protein Powders

Options
myak623
myak623 Posts: 616 Member
I see a lot of folks using this protein powder. Not the one I'm currently using. I've looked at nutrition info. Looks like a good choice. Is the variety of flavors the main reason this one is popular? Well, along with the low cal, low sugar, decent protein levels.

Replies

• AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    It's the only brand I've tried so I don't have a lot of experience in this area but...it tastes good, it's not too expensive, and it's easy to mix too.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of folks using this protein powder. Not the one I'm currently using. I've looked at nutrition info. Looks like a good choice. Is the variety of flavors the main reason this one is popular? Well, along with the low cal, low sugar, decent protein levels.

They make a high quality product, i personally don't care for their taste, but it is high quality
  • Tarah1218
    Options
    I like their taste so I have stuck with them. If you don't get it right though it can be kind of chemically tasting and it does have a slight chemical smell to it.

People say that the myofusion is nummy....the banana kind at least. I have fallen in love with banana...it is like a laffy taffy. Or throw some strawberries in and it tastes pretty good too.
  • coscienceguy
    Options
    I've used this protein and still do for P90X, it has the highest concentration of protein per serving from what I've found, and the chocolate tastes good too. hope that helps.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options

They make a high quality product, i personally don't care for their taste, but it is high quality
    This ^^ ^^, and they have good marketing. I used ON for years then I switched to Myofusion.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I like it. I find it's the best for the $ and it's easy to find and I live in a small town.
  • snkeller24
    Options

This ^^ ^^, and they have good marketing. I used ON for years then I switched to Myofusion.

I also used ON for a year or so then switched to Gaspari ... I like Gaspari much better
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    I've done a ton of research on On and its competitors including but not limited to Gaspari. ON also comes very highly recommended form nutritionists w/ whom I've spoken. They know their stuff and I trust them. I'm a fan of their vanilla flavored *natural* pro complex, and their newer platinum hydro builder is great too. Go with the chocolate shake flavor. Mix in a shaker with almond milk or regular milk and some ice.
  • djmarciad
    djmarciad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started my program using Ideal Protein administered and monitored by a chiropractor which enabled me to drop serious pounds due to being in ketosis. I did not like the high price, nor did I like the high sodium content in the product. I decided to continue my endeavor using Opt. Nutrition's Complete Protein Diet shakes as they are higher in protein content per scoop, higher in vitamin/mineral content, much lower in sodium and in carbs. I am getting more protein per serving with this product and hope to get off the plateau with it. I purchased the 4.5 pound jugs online at SupplementWarehouse.com with free shipping. My total for 9 pounds of shake mix, one vanilla and one chocolate, was under $120.00!

Remember when you're consuming high protein, the body can only metabolize 60 mgs of protein at one time, so don't think more is better. Also, I can mix the Opt. Nut. with decaf coffee and ice for a GREAT frappaccino when I'm at home. I haven't tried any of the other flavors as I am quite satisfied with just the two.

You must supplement with a multi, potassium, magnesium, and calcium so you don't deplete your body and create dificiencies which are harmful. You don't want your bones to become brittle in the process of improving your general health.