Been at this for almost a year and I started strong and fizz

Options
:flowerforyou: :sad:

Replies

• mommy_x_3
    mommy_x_3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Fizzled out.. need motivation desperately!!
  • triggs456
    triggs456 Posts: 14
    Options
    if you need support, feel free to add me
  • jennifer783
    jennifer783 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What happened? :smile:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    keep going.... it's not what you do this year, it's what you do for most of your life that will make or break you.

keep on exercising, keep on eating well 80% of the time, and over time, the results will show.

you don't need to obtain perfection, just good health, the rest will follow.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am learning to keep trying everyday and don't beat yourself up for not being 100% good at this. just keep trying.
  • ambutler0905
    Options
    Right there with you. It seems that every time I have a "success", my celebration sets me back another month. I wish I could re-program my brain to learn to embrace success and not sabotage my hard work.

The only advise I can give, is to keep plugging away and eventually success will find you!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    The only thing that is going to keep you going is your determination to reach your goals.
  • jgregory321
    Options
    I'm struggling too. I am pretty good at keeping the calories down, but I consume way too much carbs, sodium, and fat. Sometimes I go over on the calories too. Then I feel like I failed. Up until this past week, I was losing about 1.5 to 2lbs per week, but this past weekend I didn't eat right, and when I weighed this morning, I weighed the same amount as last Tuesday, and I can only attribute that to my poor choice of diet this weekend. The problem is that I don't like healthy foods. I hate anything green, so salads and vegetables are out! I was raised on southern cooking, everything is fried, and every meat comes with a side of potatoes and home-made biscuits. Yum! So, basically, this is what my diet is like all the time, because I don't know any better. Anyway, I'm going to keep hanging in there, and you should too. If we are meant to lose weight, we will. God has a plan for all of us, and I believe that includes the way we look.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Come on now Mommyx3...you have at least three great reasons to keep it going. It's a long hard road we have chosen to travel..the path least taken, but the best road really...

I've been sticking lately losing and gaining the same 2 pounds for about 2 weeks. It's my own fault, so I'm keeping to a plan -- thanksgiving dinner every day for lunch this week, AND next week, it's back to the basics--broccoli, carrots, sunflower seeds, fresh fruit, yogurt, and sugar free oatmeal.

I've been doing a lot of looking back to where I was in August 2011, and I have to say... a 30 point drop in cholesterol, from a size 24 to a 10, more energy than one person should have, and the confidence of a king.

I'm not done with the weight loss--still have a little to go, but I'm really enjoying the mini-break and the strength training I've started. Enjoy yourself, give yourself a break, and then---get back to business! You can do this! REALLY...you can do this! :)
  • mommy_x_3
    mommy_x_3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You guys are right.. I defeat my self before I start.. I do have 3 wonderful reasons to get healthy.. I know that I will be happier when I am healthier.. I put my boys and family first and I think it is time to start expending some energy on myself!!