My BMR is 1243 but I need to eat 1270 calories a day to lose

Options
What? I'm a little confused. Still not fully understanding calorie goals and such. I'm supposed to eat 1270 to lose 1 lb a week
Thanks!

Replies

• jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Ok. Your BMR is 1243, you have to multiply it by your activity level to get your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure, for example, 1.2 is the multipler for sedentary). BMR is just what your body needs to live if you don't do any activity. So you use your TDEE and THEN get your defecit.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    So... what are you confused about?
  • ler2665
    ler2665 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Your BMR basically only covers what it takes to keep you alive while you are sleeping or laying still. You burn more than that every day just by sitting, standing, and walking at work, even if you have a sedentary job.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Your BMR basically only covers what it takes to keep you alive while you are sleeping or laying still. You burn more than that every day just by sitting, standing, and walking at work, even if you have a sedentary job.
    ^This
  • badapdos
    badapdos Posts: 132
    Options
    Ok. Your BMR is 1243, you have to multiply it by your activity level to get your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure, for example, 1.2 is the multipler for sedentary). BMR is just what your body needs to live if you don't do any activity. So you use your TDEE and THEN get your defecit.

Oh! I see! Thank you for explaining :)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options

Oh! I see! Thank you for explaining :)

Welcome! :)