One Year & 50lbs Lost (Pics)

Options
JoniBologna
JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
Today, I hit 365 days of taking MFP seriously, and I have lost almost 50lbs. I feel like a new woman. It all happened very gradually, but now that I am here it feels like I have come so far. I am now a size 8 (US), and I started at at size 16 (US). I have lost 25 inches and 13% body fat. I eat "clean" about 80% of the time. Believe it or not, I am eating more now at 156lbs than when I weighed 205lbs, but now I am eating healthier foods. I can run for 2 miles without a break. I can hike 10+ miles in a day without a second thought. Sometimes, I even get bored on hikes and challenge my boyfriend to a race to the top, instead of having to take several breaks to catch my breath. I don’t even have to ask him to open jars for me anymore. Also, I still believe in and have a few "free" days each month, when I don't log at all and allow myself to indulge.

To see more pics, read more about my journey, and how I did it, check out my most recent blog post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/JoniBologna/view/one-year-50lbs-lost-pics-240358

IMG00626-20120303-1558-2-1-1.jpg

IMG_6446-2-1-1.jpg

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    cant see the skiing one..you look fab..amazing job my doll !!:drinker:
  • JoniBologna
    Options
    Thanks Pam! Is that better?
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey!
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You're inspiring! Congratulations on an amazing job done!
  • Mendham07945
    Mendham07945 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Congratulations!
  • JoniBologna
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    fantastic job!! you look so good and healthy!
  • Kalona388
    Kalona388 Posts: 82
    Options
    Great job!! You look awesome. I think one of the most rewarding things is just feeling stronger and being able to do things you couldn't do before :)
  • JoniBologna
    Options
    I think one of the most rewarding things is just feeling stronger and being able to do things you couldn't do before :)

I agree completely! I have gained so much confidence and have become much more motivated. These traits have really allowed other areas of my life flourish. Having good self esteem is so much more important to me than any number on the scale. :happy:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats on all your success!
  • modernartemis
    modernartemis Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I love this site and I am so glad I found it! You look amazing, btw!
  • Finally22
    Finally22 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    That is great! Your beautiful smile says it all! Way to go!
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    You look fab. Well done.
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. COngrads on your weight loss journey!!
  • Angelgirl040688
    Angelgirl040688 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you look amazing congrats...
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration; you look amazing and have acheived such great results. :))))

Also - I totally, 100% agree with you! I give myself indulgance meals/days on the weekends and it really allows me to not feel like i am being left out/starved and helps me stay on plan with my new healthy lifestyle.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Great job Joni!!!! You look amazing!!!! Thanks so much for all of your positive motivation!
  • Jnt1979
    Jnt1979 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep it up!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Well done! You look fab!!!! I know it feels great when you are fueling your body, it gives you energy for life!! Your pics are so motivating, keep it up!! : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!