HELP ME TO THIS

Options
HI everyone i am new to this. My name is maria I a mother of 2, a 2 year old and 4 month old. My goal is to lose this baby weight. I would like to lose 2 lbs a week. I work out everyday for 20 to 30 min. I have been following my 1200 caleries per day , but I havent lost much. I need help I dont know what i am doing wrong.

Replies

• sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    Are you breast feeding? I imagine running after a 2-year-old uses a lot of calories. I think you may be eating too few calories for the day. Try increasing your calories by 100 and see if that makes a difference. Good Luck.:flowerforyou:
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria, Welcome!!

Look at your foods. Pay attention to sodium intake and fat intake as well. Also are you drinking your water. That is really one of the biggest keys. Drink water!! Not sodas or juices. Water with lemon juice is what I drink and have from the start. Of course I have my coffee everyday too, can't live without that (I have a almost 4 year old boy and he doesn't stop for a minute and I work full time - hence the need for coffee! :smile: ) I was never a soda or juice drinker so that helped a bit. Also, unsweetened iced tea is good as well. Start out with small goals at first. Don't expect to lose 20 lbs in a week, you know what I mean. I made an initial goal of 25 lbs by Thanksgiving (I started in beginning of August) I did it!! Look at the big picture. My new goal is 10 lbs by mid January (for a total of 35), then I'll make another small goal. Keep it up and don't lose faith. Don't let one little slip get you down, get up, dust yourself off and move on. Add me as a friend and I will give you support. I have found that my friends here at MFP are amazing for support. And I know I can tell them things and won't be judged.

All the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boomsmom (aka: Shoshannah)
  • mariagrant
    mariagrant Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am both botle feeding and breast. I only drink water, skim milk with my coffee. I do have a question sometime I have gone over my protien for the day is that bad. Are you surpose to use all the calories for the day?
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are welcome! It will come.

:smile: Yes you are supposed to eat as close to your calories as possible. I think also that if you are breastfeeding that that burns calories as well so you could increase a little. If you do not eat all of your calories, your body goes into starvation mode and that is not good it starts to store the things you are eating as fat.
  • lovesweetlove
    Options
    If you are breastfeeding you can add that in under foods and it will give you calories back. If you eat too few calories you will affect your milk supply. Nursing mothers should have around 500 extra calories today. You may be eating too few calories and your body is going into starvation mode. Also, I recommend that you measure and weigh all your foods. Sometimes I think that we THINK we know what 1 cup is, but in reality we're eating closer to 2 cups, ect. Good luck!