40's friends

Options
Just trying to find some friends around my age (45) with fast past hectic lives with kids for motivation and support. I would like to have friends who actually intend on staying on and using MFP those who actually like to have friends post on their pages and like to post back. I have had friends on here and then they only stay on for a few weeks or so then never get back on. I am here long term would friends who are also.

Replies

• snowintx
    snowintx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well, I am one of those people that was on here for about two months then got off. I gained weight instead of losing weight. I can't fit into any of my pants and have been wearing skirts. I feel pregnant even though I'm not. I am going to give mfp a shot again. I'm 43. I would love to help cheer each other on. I have zilch motivation.
  • lilliamora
    lilliamora Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP and could use a few friends. I am 39 and a busy mom of two. I plan on being here a while as this is a lifestyle change for me and not just a diet.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    hi!!!!!
  • necarol
    necarol Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those 40's people ... 48 to be exact. I was pretty regular with MFP on my IPhone for a while and then got off track for the last couple of months. Looking for "friends" to help take this weight lose journey with.
  • msmarilyn33
    msmarilyn33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 46 ....plan on using this site for along time to keep myself accountable..... I enjoy interacting with others on these blogs and learning about what others our doing to suceed. Just tonight I was reading a blog about rewarding yourself as you reach measured diet goals...like losing 10-20-30 pounds. I think that is a great idea! I just started last Wednesday April 4th and have lost 8 pounds...I'm thinking I deserve a new plastic water glass to use at work:drinker: Tonight I'm trying Zumba for the first time tonight I hope I enjoy it because it looks fun....I just hope I can keep up!
  • tatya317
    tatya317 Posts: 74
    Options
    Hello I am 40 years old -will be 41 in a couple of months. I am here for the long run,need friends and support. I need to loose about 100 pounds so I'm here for a long time :)
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    i'm 42, friends of all types welcomed to friend me
  • mororange
    mororange Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 40 and have been struggling here for a bit but I still log in and track my weight. I have trouble tracking food; I hate doing it.

Anyone can feel free to add me.

I have been doing Zumba for about a month now. I love it and I actually look forward to going to the class. :)
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    45.. on here every day and love to be a busybody.
    Feel free to add me [anybody]
  • acresfield
    acresfield Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Wait.. actually Im only 44.. is that a function of being this age that you dont know what this age is?
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Im 45 next month,lost 30lb still got 50lb to go so will be here a while,feel free to add me:happy:
  • jleb5
    jleb5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here and not quite familiar with how this works. I hope I can meet some new people that are struggling with the same issues I am. Weight and Diabetes. I have a blog and invite you all to read it so that we can interact. It's called Believe.
    This is what happened yesterday. Anyone out there have suggestions?
    Wednesday night around midnight.

Heart pounding so hard I could hear it in my ears. Sweaty. Cold. Uh... if you're thinking I'm having a good time - Get your head outta the gutter! LOL. I was having a serious sugar low. Sugars at 54. I'd NEVER had low sugar. That's the whole reason I've decided to lose weight and monitor my foods! I'd never had lower than 300's!

I don't know what happened and to be honest, I don't know how to care for it. So I shoved 2 poptarts, 3 slices of bread folded in half with Goober w/ Strawberry.

Of course, my sugars this morning are 326! I don't know what to do if this happens again. Any suggestions?
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    40 here...anyone add me.:flowerforyou:
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    I'm 43, two teen boys, and I've definitely got the busy covered. I'm also looking for supportive friends who are in it for the long haul and in maintenance.
  • nikkit321
    nikkit321 Posts: 1,485 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here and not quite familiar with how this works. I hope I can meet some new people that are struggling with the same issues I am. Weight and Diabetes. I have a blog and invite you all to read it so that we can interact. It's called Believe.
    This is what happened yesterday. Anyone out there have suggestions?
    Wednesday night around midnight.

Heart pounding so hard I could hear it in my ears. Sweaty. Cold. Uh... if you're thinking I'm having a good time - Get your head outta the gutter! LOL. I was having a serious sugar low. Sugars at 54. I'd NEVER had low sugar. That's the whole reason I've decided to lose weight and monitor my foods! I'd never had lower than 300's!

I don't know what happened and to be honest, I don't know how to care for it. So I shoved 2 poptarts, 3 slices of bread folded in half with Goober w/ Strawberry.

Of course, my sugars this morning are 326! I don't know what to do if this happens again. Any suggestions?

I'm not diabetic and really have no idea at all, but isn't the idea to have a piece of candy or some other quick sugar, along with protein to level you out? I'd probably call the dr and ask.
  • PurpleGyrl13
    PurpleGyrl13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hello....I just recently turn 43 and am fairly new to MFP. It's a great site and my new addiction.

Am always looking for more friends & support, so anyone can feel free to add me.
  • cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't usually post, but I need some support...
    Please feel free to add me:smile:
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options

Wait.. actually Im only 44.. is that a function of being this age that you dont know what this age is?

goofball!!!
  • chele1028
    chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I am on here every single day, joined in Aug 2011 and have lost 60 pounds so far, and have another 47 to lose to get to my goal. I am 41, work full-time, and a mom to two young daughters. I just treat working out as part of my daily job.. or routine and make sure I fit it into my day. I will encourage you.. as being accountable on this site is what is working for me! Good luck, you can do this!!:happy:
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm 40..until September! I am a mom of 4 children 2 teenagers a soon to be kindergartner and a preschooler. I joined MFP a year ago January to get in shape and lost 20 lbs. I have been maintaining since then. I've gone up a few and back down again but nothing too serious. I exercise most days of the week but don't always log food. I'd love to add a few more friends.