Should i buy a scale?

Options
Today I weighted my self at publix supermarket and I weighted 168lbs .and my staring weight is 170.and that is where I have been weighting my self about every 2 weeks.or so.
Also, i'm weighting my self at night cause I don't have time to go to publix and weight my self in the morning. =( I was so bummed for the past weeks I have been doing so good and no weight off, but I look slimmer everyone is telling me and I can see it as well..I'm staring to get discourage .. and giving up .
should I buy a scale?
or not buy a scale at all and weight myself when I see a big difference?
Help please

Replies

• amandathegreat320
    amandathegreat320 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's all on you, I enjoy weighing in on Mondays but it is hard sometimes not to weigh in all the time!!!! Maybe not having a scale will force you to notice your non-scale victories:)
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Buy a scale. That way you can check your weight in the morning when you are lightest and monitor your progress. When I don't have a scale is when I tend to gain the weight back, speaking for myself. And then I'm always shocked at my yearly dr. visit- how can I weigh that much? I'm lighter now but I check every few days and it also helps b/c I worry if I overate one day. I get on the scale- I'm fine and don't worry the rest of the day!
  • RandomMiranda
    Options
    I recently bought a scale that also measures my body fat % and water %. It was $30 at Target, and they had cheaper ones that were for weight only. I wanted body fat % because that is a better indicator of health than weight alone. Before that I was using my roommate's scale, but I was only weighing in sporadically and always at different times of day. A scale is good for me because of the accountability. If I felt like I'd had a back week I just wouldn't weigh in, or if my weight went up I blamed it on the time of day. Now that I have a scale (and I'm weighing in several times a week, without being obsessive) I am becoming more aware of how different habits effect my weight and how much my weight can fluctuate from day to day. Saturday I was 158.3, Sunday 161.5, and today 158.8, so I know my true weight is right around 160. So far it is helping me stay on track and motivated.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    most def. Try weighing yourself in the mourning after you get out of the shower.
  • thyara
    thyara Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone ! this is really helping me out ..i just don't want to become obsessive , but I'm going to buy a scale a soon as i get a chance thank you for the help !
  • Just by one it'a better to had one at home weigh ur self once a week or every 2 weeks
  • cellokitty91
    cellokitty91 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    They're probably right, scales are a good thing to have around to track your progress...BUT I have avoided buying a scale for fear of becoming obsessive with my daily weight. I think if you can weigh yourself once a week like a sane person (not me!) then def get one.
  • thyara
    thyara Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    guys i bought a scale ! feel free to add me=)