Foods

Options
Okay well, Im trying to 'eat healthier' or in my case just less...with less calories and fat. But Im not so good with whats really good low in cals and fat. I usually eat 1 cup cereal in morning , 2 turkey sandwiches for luch, and dinner, sometimes a salad from wendy's but this is my typical meal everyday and its kinda boring and im always hungry, what else could i posibbly eat that isn't so difficult to make?:ohwell:

Replies

• lisset_lt
    lisset_lt Posts: 13
    Options
    Okay well, Im trying to 'eat healthier' or in my case just less...with less calories and fat. But Im not so good with whats really good low in cals and fat. I usually eat 1 cup cereal in morning , 2 turkey sandwiches for luch, and dinner, sometimes a salad from wendy's but this is my typical meal everyday and its kinda boring and im always hungry, what else could i posibbly eat that isn't so difficult to make?:ohwell:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You could add some fruit and vegies into the mix. I love turkey sandwiches to but you could put them in a wrap and add some plain yogurt or cranberry spread with vegies. Even laughing cow cheese or cream cheese would be tasty. I grill some chicken and take it along with salad sometimes for lunch. I know spring and summer are coming but soups are good. I love a yam with apple and pine nuts too. I am sure there are lots of ideas. Good luck and try something new:bigsmile:
  • kayla_larsen
    kayla_larsen Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Something I've gotten hooked on for breakfast are two strawberry waffles with a little whipped cream....the waffles are whole wheat and have only 170 calories total and 5 grams of fat and the whip cream is very low cal (about 20 calories in 2 tbsp with 2 g. fat). It's pretty filling and very yummy!

Also for lunch, you could try lean pockets. I know frozen foods tend to be pretty bad, but there's only about 250-300 (depending on which kind) and no more than 7 g. of fat. I usually eat one with a yogurt or some fruit. Also like Eve said, soups are really good and they're so easy to make. The Campbell's Chunky Healthy request only have about 250 calories in the whole can, so that along with a sandwhich would be pretty healthy as well as filling....

Hope those ideas help, I sometimes have trouble thinking of new things as well... :yawn:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Some of my lower cal foods are: any white meat, any low fat or fat free dairy, low cal bread and wraps, most veggies I like eggplant cucmbers, asparagus, peppers and pickles. Also popcorn, Shirataki noodles with no meat tomato sauce, imitation crab(or real) boca burgers, egg beaters and turkey bacon. Whenever I buy the frozen meals I try to get mine under 250 calories. Most of the time when I go out to eat I get a different kind of grilled fish (since that is something I do not cook well) There are so many great recipe ideas posted here that it is hard to get bored (many thanks to joanna). Good luck to you. Heather