Lost 27lbs and have hit a wall HELP!!!!

Options
I have lost 27lbs and I can't seem to more in the right direction! I have joined the gym and have been working out 3 times a week! I'm doing cardio and weight training! I have fudged a few times and made some bad food choices, but for the most part I have stuck with it! I need to continue losing what do I do??????

Replies

• mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow this is the second time I have posted this topic and no one has commented Thanks MFP!!!!!
  • Petskies101
    Options
    I dont have an answer as I am new to this but stay positive you can do this
  • Tall_E
    Tall_E Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 27 pounds! What a great job! The first thing I suggest is appreciating yourself for all the hard work and right things you've done to get to this point. I wonder if you're too focused now on just the number on the scale because, by doing all the working out you're now doing, you're sure to be gaining bigger, stronger, heavier muscles which probably means you're still losing fat but your weight number is staying steady because you're trading off fat for muscle. Variety of exercise and foods, including the number of calories you take in, is important for weight loss too. The body is a complex organism with a lot of things happening at one time and it needs dynamic input (i.e. changing fuel and activity) to not get in a rut or overdeveloped in one way. So try eating more calories one day and lower them by at least 100 the next day, and so on.

Hang in there! You have everything you need to make it. :smile:
  • mwcraig34
    Options
    I dont have an answer as I am new to this but stay positive you can do this

Alright feel better now! :bigsmile:
  • mwcraig34
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 27 pounds! What a great job! The first thing I suggest is appreciating yourself for all the hard work and right things you've done to get to this point. I wonder if you're too focused now on just the number on the scale because, by doing all the working out you're now doing, you're sure to be gaining bigger, stronger, heavier muscles which probably means you're still losing fat but your weight number is staying steady because you're trading off fat for muscle. Variety of exercise and foods, including the number of calories you take in, is important for weight loss too. The body is a complex organism with a lot of things happening at one time and it needs dynamic input (i.e. changing fuel and activity) to not get in a rut or overdeveloped in one way. So try eating more calories one day and lower them by at least 100 the next day, and so on.

Hang in there! You have everything you need to make it. :smile:

Thank you for the input! I'm just discourage with the scale! I know I shouldn't be so concerned with what the scale says but weight lost is the key to happiness for me right now!
  • mwcraig34
    Options
    Need a little more input y'all!