WTF???

Options
I was gonna post this on my thread, but I thought what the heck, I'm gonna make it public so people can share their stories about feeling like they should "throw in the towel" and overcoming it to recommit and lose weight!

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately...I haven't been doing good since my knee injury. I kinda gave up...but I've been sitting here thinking...after another day of very bad eating (let's see that makes like 4 days now), anyway I thought is this the way I want my life to be? Lose all that weight just to gain it all back. I'm like feeling sorry for myself because I can't run right now! How pathetic is that!!! Well, I'm over it! I'm afraid to step back on the scale again...but for the rest of this week through Monday, I am going to start kicking my own *kitten* (lol)! My diary is public and I am going to post everything I eat! Even if I'm doing bad, and if I am I hope I get some nasty messages!! I'd really appreciate it!:noway:
I want you to really tell me off :grumble: so I can snap out of what state I've been in, if I start to fall again! Actually, I just thought of something...I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning and then I'm going to weigh in again on Monday of next week; I need to prove to myself that I can lose weight even if I can't run right now!
Anyone feeling like they've been in the same boat and wants to join me your more than welcome to talk about it and do this with me!!!
Thanks for listening...
ang:heart:

Replies

• katielweaver
    katielweaver Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was gonna post this on my thread, but I thought what the heck, I'm gonna make it public so people can share their stories about feeling like they should "throw in the towel" and overcoming it to recommit and lose weight!

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately...I haven't been doing good since my knee injury. I kinda gave up...but I've been sitting here thinking...after another day of very bad eating (let's see that makes like 4 days now), anyway I thought is this the way I want my life to be? Lose all that weight just to gain it all back. I'm like feeling sorry for myself because I can't run right now! How pathetic is that!!! Well, I'm over it! I'm afraid to step back on the scale again...but for the rest of this week through Monday, I am going to start kicking my own *kitten* (lol)! My diary is public and I am going to post everything I eat! Even if I'm doing bad, and if I am I hope I get some nasty messages!! I'd really appreciate it!:noway:
    I want you to really tell me off :grumble: so I can snap out of what state I've been in, if I start to fall again! Actually, I just thought of something...I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning and then I'm going to weigh in again on Monday of next week; I need to prove to myself that I can lose weight even if I can't run right now!
    Anyone feeling like they've been in the same boat and wants to join me your more than welcome to talk about it and do this with me!!!
    Thanks for listening...
    ang:heart:

Haha I LOVE this!!! I LOVE this site and just came across your post. SNAP OUT OF IT!!! :wink: I was bad today...had a donut for breakfast because I'm sick and I was running late for work in which I had training ALL DAY. BUT I did put it on my diary and my diary is public. I give you BIG kudos for running... I have bad knees so I can't run. But I walk almost every day and I just started the 30 DS!!! I'm here for support if you'd like to add me! :happy:
  • dani22105
    dani22105 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I too, have been feeling like this!!! We are our own worst enemies. I haven't been myself at all since well really, yesterday. I got a night so nice email from my boss and it really kicked me in the gut. :( She's just an awful snot who is so consumed in making others feel awful and never seeing the other side of things. Well that's how I see it at least. My wonderful and beautiful soulmate of a best friend told me to just pray for her.

What a beautiful message! There's no point in getting revenge or making myself feel like crap over her. Just pray for her. That simple. God can help us get over any obstacle and this is just another step. Nobody if you can run or not Angie, we can do this. I can get over nasty remarks, and you can get over this nasty injury. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

Let's pick up that towel once and for all and tell it to go shove it. We are not giving up and we for goodness sake are not ever going to gain this weight back.

xo!
  • meredithgh
    meredithgh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    These are great posts....to know that I'm not the only one struggling! I've been doing really well, but these last few days, I have wanted to eat everything! I made macaroni for my kids yesterday and I could've eaten every bit of it! It seems like same meals are keeping me full very long. But stress is up....have to avoid stress eating!

Thanks for sharing your stories, too!
  • sara1923
    sara1923 Posts: 53
    Options
    Ang-
    I dont know what your knee injury was. I had ACL when I was 22 and am now 26 and just strained two muscles in the back of my knee/calf about two weeks ago. It was enough of a scare for me because surgery had put me in a miserable place. After the surgery I had the pity party for myself.. hated my friends/family because I was EXTREMELY needy and wanted people to talk to 24/7. I was in the Air Force and had probably 30 days to sit at home and was in the whole leg brace for 3 months. I started smoking after quitting years before. What turned me around.. was reading 90 minutes in Heaven. Not sure how much of the book was true but the guy in it had an extreme injury that made me realize.. mine wasnt that bad and it wasnt permanent and that I would be fine. I found things I could do like joining a pool league even though I never really played. I did go from being 130 to 145 in about a month after surgery but I know I didnt restrict my calories at all to compensate for not being active anymore. I used the stationary bike a lot but not sure what you are cleared for by your doctor. Focus on what you can do.. instead of what you can't do.. it helps a ton
  • Summer5555
    Summer5555 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I too injured my knee last week so no running for me, I am hating it! Have been finding it very easy to find all sorts of excuses to NOT do other exercises so tomorrow will do upper body strength training and core training, might even try an easy cycle. Doing something, anything, has to be better than giving up and wallowing in self pity.
  • FBGWILL
    FBGWILL Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Been battling the bulge all my life, and I can tell you that it was my knees that finally convinced me to start doing something about it. I watched a 77 year old martial arts expert launch a guy my size across the room with just his arms and hips - and I'm sitting on the sidelines popping motrin because my knees were killing me.

Don't let your knee injury slow you down - let it motivate you to never be where you are again - if you think things hurt now, imagine another 10 years at 10 lbs a year. Your knees will wish you were back where you are today... You've come so far already - keep it up!
  • Anayalata
    Anayalata Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. This knee injury of mine prevents me from running and I hurt it so bad a few days ago that I can't even go up and down steps without massive sharp pain.

Instead of giving up, I've upped my strength exercise and I'm gonna do other forms of cardio to try and keep going. I hope you do too!

I admit, I almost threw in the towel too.
  • sheepish7
    Options
    I know how your feeling. I ruptured the ligaments off my ankle in 12/2008 and was on crutches for 2 n a but years only to have a ankle that still can't do much, I cant even run after my 2 yr old, and even going to the shops at times I feel like I need my crutches :/ I also have a rare blood condition too RSDS in my ankle.
    I too have those hard days and don't watch my calories but am proud sky far I have lost 5.8kgs while watching my calories and trying to exercise where I can. I am currently gonna try n do Jillians 30day shred. hoping my ankle will go ok and I don't become low from the pain. keep working at your goal and look forward tks read how well u go :)
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Wow! You all are just a wonderful, sweet, nice, kick in the behind....I wish I would have read this before I went to the newly opened Dunkin Donuts and ate 10 glazed munchkins (donut balls). So this morning I weighed in at 168! I've gained back 6 lbs. so far...
    Okay, now to get down to business....today I start my new job, I have oreintation from 9-12, right after that I'm going to the gym and I'm going to do upper body work for 45-60 min., then I'm going to swim laps for 60 min., then I'm going in the hot tub (which should feel good on my knee).
    As for eating, I'm going to have a protein shake after my workout, 3 hours later, a grilled chiken breast and a salad, and I'll figure out the rest later!
    Anyone else have their plan of action for today?
    :heart: ang
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good luck in the new job Ang, very exciting and a nice opportunity to reinvent yourself as the "healthy new colleague".
    Water, water, water and the 6lbs will disappear in no time. And maybe you can add some walks in your lunch breaks?

Just dust yourself off, get back on the wagon and you'll be just fine. Just keep reminding yourself, you don't want to be bloated, tired and feeling miserable anymore, you want energy, good skin, a flat tummy and feeling on top of the world. Right?
    *if only I listened to myself more*
  • Conniejane1
    Options
    Wow! I thought I was the only one having a bad food day yesterday! My story is a little different. First, I am a grandma. I was overweight tipping the scales past 222 a couple of years ago. With the Medi Weightloss Program I was able to lose 80 pounds, but the diet is so restrictive, that when I was put on the wellness phase I found it difficult to maintain a strict regimen. When I came across MFP I was so relieved to have this neat way of tracking and keeping a journal. I love the way it says if everyday was like today you would weigh--- in 5 weeks. So, why am I going up, instead of down in pounds? Yesterday, I noticed a 5 pound gain from last week even though the diary says I am eating too few calories. I have customed designed my goals according to the wellness plan I am on, but my results are not favorable. Yesterday, the stress level got high and the hunger was unnerving. I BLEW it. I went over my suggested calories. It was like a moment of weakness. Today I am trying to get back on track and the comments by all of you help me know that I can do it.
  • joy31021
    joy31021 Posts: 216
    Options
    bump
  • angbieb
    Options
    "I love the way it says if everyday was like today you would weigh--- in 5 weeks", that is a great way to think! Thank you for mentioning that! I'm going to make a few big signs that say that and put them all over my house and one in my car! Thanks everyone for what you've posted on here; you've all got me sooo motivated! I think I'm going to come back and read this thread at the beginning and the end of each day just to get that little kick I need to do well!
    :heart: ang
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    ill kick you *kitten* if its what you want! lol. you can do it! i know its easy to keep focus when not exercising... im there are after major surgery just 5 weeks ago. Im doing ok though so it can be done. youve just got to get your determined head on... im here for you! zara
  • angbieb
    Options
    ill kick you *kitten* if its what you want! lol. you can do it! i know its easy to keep focus when not exercising... im there are after major surgery just 5 weeks ago. Im doing ok though so it can be done. youve just got to get your determined head on... im here for you! zara

Yes! I want you to kick my *kitten* Zara! You are so cool! I love ya!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'll be watching....

Already sent you a friend request so it would be easier to track you :bigsmile:
  • mhairi_e_mckenzie
    Options
    Great attitude! Keep it up :)
  • mhairi_e_mckenzie
    Options
    P.S. Have sent a friend request so you can attack me on the days I need it to!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Glad you are getting back on track today. The most likely reason for your weight gain is because you ate too FEW calories. Eating under your goal, especially is it is 1200 is NOT a good idea and you can see why. Up your calories and you will likely lose weight as your body won't think it needs to hang onto every little bit you eat.

Wow! I thought I was the only one having a bad food day yesterday! My story is a little different. First, I am a grandma. I was overweight tipping the scales past 222 a couple of years ago. With the Medi Weightloss Program I was able to lose 80 pounds, but the diet is so restrictive, that when I was put on the wellness phase I found it difficult to maintain a strict regimen. When I came across MFP I was so relieved to have this neat way of tracking and keeping a journal. I love the way it says if everyday was like today you would weigh--- in 5 weeks. So, why am I going up, instead of down in pounds? Yesterday, I noticed a 5 pound gain from last week even though the diary says I am eating too few calories. I have customed designed my goals according to the wellness plan I am on, but my results are not favorable. Yesterday, the stress level got high and the hunger was unnerving. I BLEW it. I went over my suggested calories. It was like a moment of weakness. Today I am trying to get back on track and the comments by all of you help me know that I can do it.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Just because you can't run doesn't mean you can't eat right. Lower you calories. I lost all my weight without any exercise. It worked for me. I'm not saying don't exercise when you can but that is not the only way. No excuses!