Feeling like I had my very first NSV!

Options
I started this weight loss journey the day after I left my doctors office two months ago. Today I went back in having lost nearly 22lbs! My doctor was so excited about my weight loss and was nothing but encouraging and optimistic. I loved that I made her happy rather than getting another lecture on how I should lose weight.

Anyway, she wanted to do some blood work just to make sure everything was alright and to see where my levels were at for future reference for when I continue to lose more weight. I HATE getting blood work done. My veins are tiny, I hate needles and they always give me the new nurses so I end up with at least three holes in my arms and a bunch of bruises. Well this time since I have been drinking water like crazy for the past two months (I gave up Mountain Dew and I only drink a very small amount of milk/soy milk/Naked fruit drink) and because an experienced nurse took my blood, she got it on the first try! Only one hole and she commented on how much bigger my veins were this time and how much easier it was this time!

I got such a boost of confidence and motivation from that. Knowing that my body is happy with what I'm giving it. Anyway, thanks for reading!

Replies

• nicholettebell
    Options
    That is an awesome NSV! Way to go on your weight loss!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!
  • inspiredgardener
    Options
    Motivating! Happy for you! Hope I can do even half as well!
  • RhythmGypsi
    RhythmGypsi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! These are all excellent signs that your body is adjusting well to the wonderful changes that you are making for it! :D Keep it up, girl! <3

~ Jen

12161155.png
  • eljulia
    eljulia Posts: 40
    Options
    That is so great!! How did you lose the weight so quickly? That's a significant amount! You made me smile--the last doctor's appointment i had i made her look up my previous weight so she'd see i had lost. LOL! Anything for praise.
  • OliveJuice1984
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
    That is so great!! How did you lose the weight so quickly? That's a significant amount! You made me smile--the last doctor's appointment i had i made her look up my previous weight so she'd see i had lost. LOL! Anything for praise.

I pretty much changed how I ate. I mentioned that I gave up Mountain Dew and replaced it with water. I drank at least 32oz of Mt. Dew a day. So that is a big factor. Another is that I didn't eat very many fruits and veggies before. I got my meals out of the freezer for the most part. Now I have more produce in my fridge than I have ever had at once and I try and stay away from processed foods as much as possible. I also take some vitamins. Fish Oil, Iron, Multivitamin and Potassium.

I have toyed with the amount of calories my body is happy with. I have figured out that my body does the best with an intake around 1500 to 1600 calories. Before I was eating 1300 and while I could function I was so tired and would feel a little dizzy. I am eating less than my BMR and I know that many people on here say that is a big no no. I weigh a lot and because my body is happy with the amount of calories I'm eating I am not worried about it. In fact I have more energy now than I have had in a long time.

I know that when I lose more weight my plan will need adjusting but I firmly believe in listening to your body. Give it a little time and if you don't see results change one thing about what you are doing. Don't change everything at once because then you won't know what worked or what didn't work. One more thing I want to add. I didn't give up on the foods that I love. I've had Qudoba, Godfathers, home cooking for Easter, ect. It's all about moderation but it's not just about moderation with the "bad" foods. You do have to change to a more healthy diet but it's OK to have some of the "bad" stuff now and then.

Feel free to add me!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Love the story...hate doing the blood thing too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!