Just Jen Trying Again

Options
That's me! I'm a mom of 3 from the Midwest, trying it again--but trying to do it differently--trying to look at life and weight loss with new eyes. Just thought I'm actually put myself out her and introduce myself. Hope to keep chatting with ya!

Replies

• agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    hi Jen!!!! welcome back. I'm a tryer, and I do not give up. shall we be friends?
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other :-)
  • justjen317
    Options
    Thanks--yes I would love to be friends!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    Welcome back!
    Bet you can do it this time!
  • justjen317
    Options
    Thanks--would love that!
  • louellenlehman
    Options
    It takes a few times for most people, I think. One of the biggest challenges is simply self-knowledge: what triggers my overeating? What does fullness feel like for me? Why does arguing with my 17 year-old daughter make me feel like eating the world's biggest bag of cheetos?!!! It is definitely a 'progress' and not 'perfection' kind of thing. Be kind to yourself, forgive yourself and get up every morning and do the best you can--find what inspires you. Good luck! Remember, you're a mom and moms can do anything
  • justjen317
    Options
    Love your words of wisdom! Self-knowledge--so true. In my house, I can rarely find a moment of quiet--and I need quiet sometimes. But more than that, I need to figure out how to need less quiet and find peace in the noisy, 3 kid crazy house. I think it's possible, but yes a process. LOL. Not sure if that relates to what you said, but it's what popped into my head.
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Please add me too! ginamc04

We need to put ourselves first so we can take care of our families. I used to find every excuse in the book (and my book was BIG) but now, I HAVE to workout, its like brushing my teeth. I'm a better wife, mom & person when I get my exercise done.

Tell everyone around you that you are on a mission to save your health, so no more processed snacks, soda or anything like that!

Come join me on FB! https://www.facebook.com/GinasFitLifeWithBB
  • meredithgh
    meredithgh Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm "trying again," too, which makes me kind of mad at myself that I let myself get to the point of need to try again! I just did this in 2009 and then let it creep back again! I'm hoping I can figure out other ways to deal with stress besides, as louellen said, devouring a huge bag of Cheetos! :)

Add me and we can support each other!
  • stephslosinglbs
    stephslosinglbs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen!

I'm a mom of 3 boys, 3 (almost 4), 6, & 7. Feel free to add me :-)