Water Vs Tea

Options
2»

Replies

• Pooker89
    Pooker89 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. And if you sent me a friends request please resend if I didn't except it. The page messed up and I declined someone and I didn't mean to. :(
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Water technically is a diuretic too... meaning it stimulates the discharge of urine. If you're really concerned about the caffeine causing dehydration and it seems like you drink tea over water because of the taste, try brewing it a little weaker. More water, less tea, less caffeine, less chance of dehydration. I count herbal teas (I really only drink green tea) as water. Not sure if that's "right" or not but I'm drinking well over a gallon of straight H2O every day so I'm not too worried about it.

Herbal tea and green tea are two separate things. Herbal tea technically isn't tea because it doesn't contain any part of the tea plant, but it's got more flavor variety and depending on what herbs/flowers/spices are in it can be good for you or helpful for something, like sleep.

Sorry, just thought I'd mention that little factoid, I hope it didn't come across as condescending. Avid tea drinker = too many facts stuck where an education should be in my brain. But green tea is a good tea to drink if you don't like strong tea. It and white tea get paired with fruits and flowers quite often because they're so weak in flavor.

Haha, no worries. Good fact to know! :)
  • Tourney3p0
    Tourney3p0 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    According to the Mayo clinic, tea counts as water.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

Your body might absorb slightly less water than had you drank straight water, but it's still going to give you a net positive of water. Thus it should be counted. Just remember to also count anything that goes into that tea and you should be fine.
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I drink loads of tea a day,i do add it to my track food as i add milk, unless its green tea, but its still water intake, :)