How to Lose Weigt After Miscarriage

Options
Hello!
I just recently miscarried my twins. This was my first pregnancy, and needless to say I was devastated. Prior to getting pregnant I had just lost 50lbs. I was running 5 miles, biking 10-20 miles etc. My health history includes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and infertility. My husband and I didn't think I could get pregnant, so my pregnancy came as a shock and a joy. However after miscarrying the twins, I have been fighting with depression, and it is frustrating to look in the mirror and see all this weight gain that only 5 months ago I had lost prior to the pregnancy. I guess I know I have to get back on the bandwagon--but am just frustrated. Any suggestions, thoughts?

Replies

• bkandisjj29
    bkandisjj29 Posts: 172
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss! I have PCOS too, and while I had many of the symptoms, I never experienced the infertility. My sister in law, however, battled it for ten years, before becoming pregnant with my precious nephew, who just turned one. She also just found out she is pregnant again, this fast! So, please, don't lose hope!

The best way to get kick started on this site is to make friends. Please feel free to add me! Search other peoples food diaries to get motivated and get ideas. The food logging becomes addictive and helps you stay on track!

God bless you as you get started! :)
  • bcereuskk
    bcereuskk Posts: 33
    Options
    I think God sent me to this site for a reason this morning. I sent you a message with a friend request.
  • janrowolf
    Options
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Most importantly, give yourself time to heal and to mourn the loss of your babies, and know that they love their momma very much. My heart breaks for you, and you are in my prayers. Getting healthier has been a real positive in my healing time and has given me something constructive on which to work. Peace be with you.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. You definitelt want to take weight loss slowly if you are going to try to conceive again. Be kind to yourself you have been through a lot.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site :flowerforyou:

PCOS support groups:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?phrase=PCOS&order=0&include_mature=true
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your loss as well *hugs* Please take the time to emotionally recuperate and don't just switch to beating yourself up about the weight gain. You've gone through a traumatic thing that should not be downplayed at all. Find friends here (lots of supportive people) who can help talk with you and explore all the feelings, and then get back into healthy eating and moving more, and you'll see the results you want.

Take care and God bless!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm so so so sorry for your loss. Please take the time to heal your heart first. I know the weight probably makes things worse and it can be a never ending cycle but just take care of yourself emotionally as well.
    I have PCOS and had 2 miscarriages myself when I was married. Many hugs to you.
  • greeksenorita
    Options
    Thanks to you all for your kind messages! It means a lot to me and you are all right, supportive, loving friends are a must!! This week I started a fitness program and it has been helping clear my mind and thoughts!!! THanks again!!! :smile:
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Have just set you a message too :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I just recently miscarried my twins. This was my first pregnancy, and needless to say I was devastated. Prior to getting pregnant I had just lost 50lbs. I was running 5 miles, biking 10-20 miles etc. My health history includes Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and infertility. My husband and I didn't think I could get pregnant, so my pregnancy came as a shock and a joy. However after miscarrying the twins, I have been fighting with depression, and it is frustrating to look in the mirror and see all this weight gain that only 5 months ago I had lost prior to the pregnancy. I guess I know I have to get back on the bandwagon--but am just frustrated. Any suggestions, thoughts?

So sorry to hear the bad news, it's normal to feel the way you do. I'd suggest joining a support group (there's a lot of people who have gone through what you have).
  • stephslosinglbs
    stephslosinglbs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I too am sorry aboot your loss', I've been there too (twice). Hang in there, I found it helpful to talk about it with supportive friends. I eat when I'm down, it's hard to get out of that funk. Feel free to add me if you like. Hugs to you.
  • heatherfit1
    Options
    I am so sorry you have to go through this. I lost my first pregnancy after struggling with infertility for nearly five years, and I was severely depressed. I found infertility/miscarriage message boards really helpful during that time. I was very fortunate to get pregnant again on my next full cycle after the miscarriage with my twins, who are now 2, so there is hope! I gained a lot of weight after the miscarriage as well, and then of course during my pregnancy, and am just now starting my weight loss journey two years later, so I commend you for being proactive about it now. Hang in there...