At that low point....

Options
Hi, All!
I am struggling really badly, i'm 21 years old with a 18 month old I have a lot of weight to lose due to having and child with complications around 60 pounds I am 34 % body fat. I have tried almost everything on the market plus old fashioned diet and exercise I have gotten my thyroid checked and all other things that could possibly be wrong and everything was normal. I don't eat bad I actually eat less than I should I am 21 and active this weight should be falling off of me right? After a year and a half I would think so. I am at my wits end and so desperate I am looking into surgical procedures to get rid of the excess weight and skin around my belly. I eat alot less than I should maybe around a full meal a day now 2 months later, I just don't feel hungry, I like to workout but now i don't have the drive or energy to because I literally worked (cardio plus abs) out everyday and ate right, not one meal a day like i am now and pushed the water and was eating healthy as i could and i didn't lose not one inch or pound for 3 months I am crazy or was I doing something very wrong I need HELP! Why is it so impossible for someone as young as me working so hard to lose weight, for the last two months I've given up and had a pity party and went into a dark place. I just don't know what else i could possibly do more?

Replies

• laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    When you say you are eating less than you should, exactly what do you mean?

I gained over 100 lbs with my pregnancy so you aren't alone!
  • 276NoMore
    276NoMore Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am praying for you right now that you see how beautiful you really are and the important work that you have been called to do as a creation of God. And now, especially since you have a beautiful baby to take care of, who is totally dependant on you, he/she will need you to be healthy for the next 18 years at least and longer. It will get better. I'll keep you in my prayers.
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    maybe you should up your calories. even higher than what it was when you were eating more than you are now.
  • wendywoolley
    Options
    if you are eating less then your body needs it will start to retain the fat so you wont lose it i
    i am 5ft 5 and weigh 12 stone after having my little girl and i worked out that my body needs 1400 calories just to sit down and do nothing all day so if i dont eat enough i dont lose weight it is very hard to balance the food were your not eating to much but that your eating just the right amount
    just make sure your eating healthy stay away from suger and fatty proccessed foods as this sticks to your stomach and is harder to get rid of

good luck
  • Jessica121706
    Options
    maybe you should up your calories. even higher than what it was when you were eating more than you are now.

i was gonna say this too...unless i eat enough i dont losse a lb
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I actually eat less than I should I am 21 and active

I eat alot less than I should maybe around a full meal a day now

not one meal a day like i am now

This right here is your problem. From the sounds of it, you're not eating enough and this is detrimental to your weight loss. By not eating enough, your body freaks out, feels as if it needs to store all the fat it possibly can from the food you eat to compensate from the lack of food. It also lowers your metabolism consequently.

Firstly:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
    Read that.

Secondly:
    http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/
    This gives you a lot of information about how much you need to lose weight properly, as well as good information on healthy food choices and macronutrient needs.

Read them, learn, be successful.
  • BarefootBrendan
    Options
    In notice that you dont have any current friends here to support so. Everyone's advice is great and in addition you need to add some friends and then be 100% honest with your food logging and exercise diary though. You can then get heaps of help and feedback from the community. Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck, I hope you feel better soon.
  • madmum99
    madmum99 Posts: 19
    Options
    I totally sympathise with you. I gained loads of weight during two pregnancies and have been very slow to lose it. I went through loads of stuff after my second child which I wont bother you with but as a single mum with two active children I really didnt think the weight would be a problem but I was eating the wrong things, binging the starving depending on my mood and my body didnt really appreciate it. I continued to gain weight. I am finally losing it now but it has taken years of trying to work out what is best for my body. Wish I had found this site earlier, I could have learnt a lot faster from the wonderful people here. Feel free to add me and I will try and help you and give you some support :-) xxx
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You hit the nail on the head when you said you had "GIVEN UP".......we only fail when we give up, you have to dig as deep as you can and ask yourself why you want this, you have to write down your goals, break them down into daily, weekly and monthly ones, if you don't have them written down you won't commit, you have to own this thing.....believe me I know how hard it is to pull myself out of a black whole...I really do feel for you, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.....BUT you have to take the bull by the horns and just do it, you will fall down from time to time, boy if I had a dollar for every time I have I would be a millionaire!!! its about how we pick ourselves up that counts and that makes us stronger....make a plan and make it happen, believe in yourself and the rest will follow....:o)
  • krthacker
    Options
    I thought that i might have been eating too little during the day, right now I KNOW i am eating too little and doing this to myself and take full responsibly, starting tomorrow i am going to try again cause just from doing nothing for the last two months i have lost 2 pounds so thats something my dad has hypothyroidism and i've been checked but kinda borderline but kinda not so there of course was nothing they could do for me he told me i was barely normal levels. and by eating less than i should now I am saying that i am getting only one meal a day more or less but i know why right now im not losing anything i've slipped back into horrible eating habits and not drinking NEARLY enough water thanks all for the prayers and the encouragement I am going to try again. :happy:
  • krthacker
    Options
    Oh and thank you all for the encouragement it means alot to me, I really needed that i used to be very involved with sports and worked out like a nut and looked goooood, I've just been having a hard time dealing with the struggle of going from 130 - 195 lol and i have to say i think I've felt sorry for myself long enough. im tired of being in this depression state of mind an di know it up to me to do something about it.
  • krthacker
    Options
    So proud of myself today! i took everyone's advice and have been doing great for two days and lost 3 pounds!!!, thank you all for encouraging me! I feel like i can do it now!!
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful!!! We have to take care of ourselves!!:smile: