Hello from Australia (Melbourne)

Options
Hi I would like to introduce myself my name is Annie I'm 27 yrs old and I have a 9 week old little girl
I'm aiming to lose about 30kgs if not More so far I've been doing a small amount of exercise a day about 30 min to an hr as a starting point for over a week before I found this app
I've been with my hubby comming up to 9 yrs and I was a very active person but than I became comfortable and let myself go, so Im hopping to get back into shape and not feel bad when I walk into a clothes store

I would like to meet some people and help us keep on track
I look forward to speaking to people :)

Replies

• JoCam127
    JoCam127 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie,
    I'm Jo, 34, on the mid north coast :)
    Love having fellow Aussie friends so add away if you like ;)
    I've been on here for nearly 2 months & am loving it !!
    Wishing you all the best with your goals & congrats on your new bubba, my youngest ( of 4 girls ) is 2 years old now ...
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Welcome Annie. I am from Albany, West Australia. Have lost 50gk so far and am now very active after a lifetime of being sedentry. Still got a way to go. All the best with your journey and the new baby. If you want friends on here you are welcome to add me. I have a few other Ozzie friends on here too.
  • BarefootBrendan
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am originally from Vic. :) If you support St Kilda...even better! If you follow Collingwood the whole friend status might be a bit iffy. :)
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me too I am from Culcairn in NSW just across the Vic border 58k's northof Wodonga and I will be in Ocean Grove from tomorrow for a week. Congrats on the new baby and what an opportunity for exercise she will be, put her in the pram and walk, walk, walk, excellent exercise and baby will love it too.
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm also from Melbourne :)
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from SE melb, and have a 2yo boy

I've lost 30kg since last aug and am looking to maintain it now :)
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck with your goals :)

18y/o from Melbourne down on the coast myself !
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Hi there!

I am in Melbourne as well :) MFP has made a huge difference to my outlook on healthy eating and regular exercise, I hope it does the same for you
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome....I'm from Southern NSW...2 hours from the NSW/VIC border.......feel free to add me!!
  • cjpg
    cjpg Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hello Annie!
    Want an inspiring and honest post. Thank you!

I'm from SYD myself (born and raised). If there's one thing my weight loss journey has taught me, it is this - trust yourself. It sounds cliche but the reason I was overweight was I didn't want to exercise because I didn't trust myself to keep it up. I didn't stop eating junk food because I didn't trust that I could do it. I didn't TRY calorie counting because I didn't trust that I would understand it.

When you start trusting yourself you'll be amazed at what you can achieve. Which is ironic because it's only by not trusting yourself that you learn the true value of it.
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am originally from Vic. :) If you support St Kilda...even better! If you follow Collingwood the whole friend status might be a bit iffy. :)

I have to boast to you....my trainer used to play for St Kilda!
  • mezzy11
    mezzy11 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie, I'm Mary and also from Victoria. I'm almost half way through my journey to also lose just under 30 kgs. I'm finding it so easy with the support of fellow MFP's. Feel free to add me and cograts on the birth of your first bub.
  • MiekeJ
    MiekeJ Posts: 139
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!!
    I'm from Brisbane, QLD.

Good luck with your future goals!! :)
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome Annie

I'm from Scotland and MFP is the best discovery I've made this year.
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    Good luck with your journey :)
  • abecker84
    abecker84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me :)
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    HI,

I am from Newcastle NSW but down in Melbourne right now on holidays...So loving the shopping down here..And staying right on the beach..
  • mel100808
    mel100808 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey , I'm Mel, 21 from England but living in Melbourne and loving it. Feel free to add me :)
  • Hynes13
    Hynes13 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi Annie
    I'm Megan, from Adelaide. I let myself go too after having 4 children. I am back on track now and have lost nearly 10kg from healthy eating and my new love of running. Feel free to add me and all the best with your journey and new bub x
  • da_sammit
    da_sammit Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    hiya!!! im from brisbane!!!
  • emmyash
    emmyash Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi there..Im Nicole...from Ballarat..feel free to add me...wishing you luck..great support here:smile: