HOODIA

Options
Ive just found some hoodia im my vitamin case, i bought it for my wedding to loose weight very quickly i had 2 weeks to lose 14lb, and it worked along side starving myself lol, anyway they where put aside afer the wedding, i just found them again still in date, and have been using them for 2 days. I just looked online and apparently they are illegal for sale in the UK. This is due to the side effects of heart racing , hair loss, skin itching...... What am i ment to do with the remaining supply, are they definatlely illigal in Uk, if so how do i dispose of them. Can they go in the bin ? Thank you in advance x

Replies

• hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Just put them in the bin. I am sure you won't get some policeman rummaging through your dustbin and even if they did they probably wouldn't realise what they were. :D
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Typically if something is illegal to sell means that any store or business cannot sell it to you however if you have previously purchased it you're not going to get in trouble. Don't worry about it too much and just toss it in the bin. If you're being paranoid, flush it/burn it
  • joannea1988
    Options
    haha , not that paraniod lol, ive popped them in the bin , thank you.
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Please DON'T put them in the bin! They will not be disposed of properly and all the bad stuff will end up in the nature and in our water.
    Take them to a pharmasist or to a recycling station.
  • joannea1988
    Options
    thats what i was kind of worried about. ill take them to a chemist, im of to town today. thank you
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thats wounderful :)
  • explorerwish
    Options
    Does hoodia actually work? I've only tried green tea pills and all they did was give me a stomach ache, which of course will make a person eat less, but I'd rather feel hungry than feel sick so I only took them a couple days.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    a good flushing should work lol
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Please DON'T put them in the bin! They will not be disposed of properly and all the bad stuff will end up in the nature and in our water.
    Take them to a pharmasist or to a recycling station.
    ^^^ This - and I'm pleased to see you took the advice. Thank you.
  • alluvion
    alluvion Posts: 28
    Options
    Does hoodia actually work? I've only tried green tea pills and all they did was give me a stomach ache, which of course will make a person eat less, but I'd rather feel hungry than feel sick so I only took them a couple days.

As soon as I read the title I burst out laughing. Sorry. Hoodia just seems like a big fat scam to me tbh. It may work, but that's from the starving not the actually plant extract.
  • joannea1988
    Options
    it worked for me, but that could be the placebo effect, after reading the side effects i wouldnt recommend them to any one, a glass of water beofre a meal works about the same xx