Determined to do it right this time... Part 89!

Options
Hi all :)

I've just joined today, and as my profile says I've moved to a new part of England to go to Uni and due to the nature of my course, my two boys, driving lessons, and studying, I haven't made much of a social circle and my best friend at Uni lives a fair few miles away.

This is the countless time I've tried to diet, the first week seems to last a lifetime and my motivational pep talks to myself about being healthier/thinner/looking good in those skinny jeans seem to disappear after a week or so. My mum has recently had a health scare and this has made me want to become healthier, not just for me but as an example to my boys as well.

I find it hard to lose weight and keep up my motivation - it always feels like I have to compete in a triathlon just to lose a lb! This sitre has been recommened to me and I hope I can find some friends to keep me motivated, swap exercise tips and recipes, and I'll return the favour :)

Claire x

Replies

• Clairejp74
    Clairejp74 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It was my first day yesterday too after joining back in January and not really giving it more then two weeks before I slipped and went to old ways again.
    I have been on a diet all of my adult life and really struggle with weight gains. As you have probably seen on my profile I have two boys too and the youngest is now 8 months tomorrow and I really want to loose a few stone by the time he is one in August and my summer holiday too around the same time...

Hopefully we will all encourage each another through our individual journeys on the highs and the lows of weight loss.....

to a slimmer us

Claire
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi girls i am very much like the 2 of you but very much older , i have now learnt to take one day at a time, i will plan for tomorrow today so i can buy what i need for that day but dont tend to look much further as i find it a bit daunting , every day is a bonus if i hit my target for that day :) "dont think of this as a diet think of it as changing your eating habits that can last a life time " dont know who told me that but i havent quiet got the hang of that one yet, but i am trying.

I am sure if we all help each other we can get somewhere . and keep getting somewhere you never know we might reach our destination.

Oh my god how corny is that . Ha Ha Ha