Posting online to make it real.

Options
Hey all.

I've had MFP installed on my phone for months, used it for a few weeks, got bored and left it, log on every time someone mentions my weight and attempt to do something but give up a day later. I sick of being obese and want to change.

I've been unhappy for years about my weight and always joked about it and used it to account for laziness or being rubbish at sports or eating things I wanted but I've now reached a point where I know I want to lose it and lose it for good. I figured I would post it online in the hopes that it motivates me and keeps me on track and that I'm not lying to myself any more that it will just go or I'll lose it without dieting or doing exercise.

Things have got to change and now.

My sister uses MFP and has lost loads and looks amazing for it. She is my inspiration that I can do it too (and reading some of the other posts around here) so I'm going to stick at it this time and not slack or give in or not bother watching what I eat.

I want to be in control of my body for a change!

Len

Replies

• 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Great plan! Welcome!
  • litlbaer
    litlbaer Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same situation.Christmas , I said I have 6 months to lose that weight for a wedding I am going to. Three months later, I gained, not lost. Well ,here goes.....I will lose !!! Good luck to you.
  • luci2403
    luci2403 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have every faith that you will do it too.

Stick with it - log everything, just because you don't log it doesn't mean you haven't had it!

Drink loads of water - you'll be surprised at how quickly you will start to enjoy it - make an effort to do some exercise over and above what you do today - walk Lexi for a bit longer or a bit quicker to increase your heart rate.

I know you can do this! I know this as we are from the same pod and if I can ... you can.

Love you loads. xx
  • Harvey2805
    Options
    I have every faith that you will do it too.

Stick with it - log everything, just because you don't log it doesn't mean you haven't had it!

Drink loads of water - you'll be surprised at how quickly you will start to enjoy it - make an effort to do some exercise over and above what you do today - walk Lexi for a bit longer or a bit quicker to increase your heart rate.

I know you can do this! I know this as we are from the same pod and if I can ... you can.

Love you loads. xx

Cheers sis. You're a inspiration. Love you too. X
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Having another family member on MFP and supporting each other sends your chanced of success way, way up.
    I have my husband and oldest daughter with me on MFP and I know how important to have someone close that understands the process. My husband and I are planning a trip to Charleston to celebrate our one year on MFP on Memorial Day.
    I also have a favorite co-worker on MFP, so I feel very lucky to have such a support system.
    You can do it!
  • Harvey2805
    Options
    Having another family member on MFP and supporting each other sends your chanced of success way, way up.
    I have my husband and oldest daughter with me on MFP and I know how important to have someone close that understands the process. My husband and I are planning a trip to Charleston to celebrate our one year on MFP on Memorial Day.
    I also have a favorite co-worker on MFP, so I feel very lucky to have such a support system.
    You can do it!

I agree, I think it helps because if you don't follow up on it, you're not only cheating yourself but the people around you too. (Which for me means a lot)
  • TomTommietje
    Options
    Hey all.

I've had MFP installed on my phone for months, used it for a few weeks, got bored and left it, log on every time someone mentions my weight and attempt to do something but give up a day later. I sick of being obese and want to change.

I've been unhappy for years about my weight and always joked about it and used it to account for laziness or being rubbish at sports or eating things I wanted but I've now reached a point where I know I want to lose it and lose it for good. I figured I would post it online in the hopes that it motivates me and keeps me on track and that I'm not lying to myself any more that it will just go or I'll lose it without dieting or doing exercise.

My sister uses MFP and has lost loads and looks amazing for it. She is my inspiration that I can do it too (and reading some of the other posts around here) so I'm going to stick at it this time and not slack or give in or not bother watching what I eat.

Len

Good luck man!
  • Harvey2805
    Options
    Hey all.

Len

Good luck man!

Thanks. :-)
  • Girlwithnoname77
    Girlwithnoname77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Len,

Love that you have an inspirational sister to look up to, and that she will be there to support you too. Helps so much to have people around you that understand what you are going through. That is where MFP helps heaps too. I don't have reliable people in the same boat in my personal life that can support me/keep me accountable, that is why I love MFP. The people on it that I have met so far and through my journey have kept me up beat and on track.

If you'd like to have some support, I'd love to share your journey with you. Add me as a friend. I wish you (and your sister( all the very best on your get healthy lifestyle plan.

Mel :)
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!! Most of us know the weight loss struggle and how hard it is. Im right here with Ya I have gained and lost the same 60 lbs a billion times it seems.....but I'm down 20 lbs sticking with it and so can you!!!!! Good luck in starting your journey!
  • TaniaMcCormick
    TaniaMcCormick Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    302858_258671957487142_213702718650733_874734_3436039_n.jpg

:) good luck!!
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've had it on my phone for over a year now. The first time around it didn't take, or stick, or maybe my head just wasn't in it lol. Not sure, but I'm back and I'm in it for the long haul and have 39 more pounds to go. Just started back a couple of weeks ago but I've found one thing that helps, #1 support/motivation #2 logging every freaking thing i do and eat!! When I see the numbers I put up everyday, most times good, sometimes not so good, it keeps my head in the game so to speak. Good luck with your journey!! Feel free to friend me if you need additional support. Your sis sounds terrific!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    U can do this!!! :) xxx
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck!!

I used to be of the "laziness" camp, till I made some amazing friends here who praise me up and make me feel a million dollars when I do something good!! Then it starts being internal, you catch the bug for yourself, not just for the praise!

You can do this :)