Newbie!!

Options
I am new to this site and have realized, I am largely an emotional eater! Has anyone found ways of dealing with this? I am frusterated that my weight has climbed and now I have a 4 month old and I want to be around for her and I do not want her to follow my path. :smile:

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Ya, I was an emotional eater. And I'm VERY emotional. :wink:

I had to change my idea of what food is, and what it is for. Once I got it firmly in my brain that food is fuel and nothing more it made a huge difference. Food is not comfort. Food is not love. Food is not hope. Food is fuel.

There are other means of getting comfort, and love and hope. You can find some, I know. You can start by being as kind to yourself as you are to others - in that way you will love yourself, and figure out that you are pretty darn great after all! And worth spending the time and attention it takes to get the healthy lifestyle you want and need.

If you use the forums you will find wise and supportive people that will care enough to go out of their way to help. This is a good place.

Welcome, we're glad you're here.
  • Lorie8
    Lorie8 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you both so much for your encouraging words and the hope that I CAN do this!!
  • imi1111
    imi1111 Posts: 14
    Options
    hi and welcome ... i have always been an emotioanl eater when im sad i eat when im happy i eat hahaha mabe if u stop having emotiosn and turn into a robot then mabe i might not eat so much lol.
    but.....i am trying and lets hope we can all help each oterh throgh this.
    imi x
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lorie..... Good luck on your weight loss journey and know YOU CAN DO THIS