Breakfast food

Hello! I'm ten days in lost 1lb. And then ate over my allotted calories on my weigh in date. Crazy right! Well I'm posting for encouragement and breakfast menu ideas? I can do it!!! With a little help... Thank you in advance for the great ideas I'm going to receive:flowerforyou:

Replies

• 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Because I get up at 5am when I work, I usually have a shake for breakfast... But on days I have off I do an egg scramble.

Egg Scramble

Ingredients

-1 tbsp olive oil
    -small red or green peppers - chopped
    -4 green onion - chopped
    -4 mushrooms - sliced
    -1 tsp. dried chilli pepper
    -3 egg whites - beat
    -1 whole egg - beat
    -6 cherry tomatoes - quartered

In a fry pan heat oil and add veggies and chilli peppers, fry until they are fully cooked with a little crispyness to them.
    Add the eggs and scramble them into veggie mixture just before the eggs are done add the tomatoes.
    Serve right away with Franks Red Hot Sauce.
    Serves 1

This makes a big plate, but it very good and healthy for you. If you do not like spice just remove the peppers and sauce, it will be just as good.
  • I've found the best breakfasts for me are full of protein. Here are some of my go-to options:

In a rush?
    -16oz of 2% milk (keeps me super full and gets in your dairy servings for the day)
    -8 oz of 2% milk with a Carnation Instant Breakfast
    -Fage 0% Total yogurt with a cup of fruit

Time to cook?
    -1 whole egg fried in 1 tsp olive oil, with Italian seasoning, 1 slice of low fat cheese, on 1/2 (or a whole) whole wheat English muffin
    -1 egg + 2 eggs whites scrambled with feta cheese, 100 cal pack Wholly Guacamole in a Flatout tortilla wrap